Monday, February 22, 2010

Doctor Visit, 15 weeks

Regular visit today at 15 weeks, 2 days.

Saw a new doctor who was on today and LOVED him! He was so friendly and actually is good friends with the doctor who performed my CVS last month.

We talked a little about the CVS and the results. I actually have something occuring in this pregnancy that affects the placenta, but not the baby. As a result, they want to do growth ultrasounds every 4 weeks from 20 weeks on, for the rest of my pregnancy.  I've read a lot about it and talked with the doctor about what I have read, in addition to the fact that this baby girl measures about 4 days ahead in both ultrasounds that we've already had, we're not worried about it. But seriously, leave it to me to have some random thing occur!  The good thing is, we get to see her every 4 weeks the rest of the pregnancy! Plus, in the 1st ultrasound we had, my placenta was REALLY low in front of my cervix, but just a few days later in the next one, it had already moved up headed to where it's eventually supposed to be.

All of this testing and my miscarriage made me realize even further just how fortunate I was to have a simple pregnancy with A and honestly that I was naive enough to believe that women just got pregnant easily, had easy pregnancy and had babies because that was my experience 10 years ago.

So back to this growth scan check every four weeks...My doctor just wants to make sure this baby girl is growing as she should be and that the placenta is continuing to move as it should be. 

We talked about the anomaly scan, which is basically "the big ultrasound" done around 20 weeks and scheduled it for March 22. Since we already know we're having a girl, we'll just get to see her again, get a DVD of the ultrasound and they'll check her anatomy and make sure all is well.

The doctor asked me how I was feeling, any cramping, bleeding, all the standards and then we listened to her heartbeat! I told him the last time I was there, the doctor had a hard time finding it, but rest assured right away there it was! 165 swoosh swoosh swoosh

Next visit = ultrasound and regular check.

Fortunately, then it will be SPRING!! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment