Monday, December 22, 2014

Connecting Past & Present with Netflix-- #StreamTeam

**Make sure you make it to the end for a near future announcement and a funny surprise my husband is sure to kill me for, but it's connected!

As December comes to a close and feels like the fastest month ever with all the hustle and bustle between Thanksgiving and Christmas, it almost seems impossible to get everything done! Sometimes I simply recognize it's not possible and reprioritize. Watching holiday movies and shows is one of our favorite traditions. One thing that isn't always the easiest is finding something to keep my teenage son, preschool girl, and baby girl engaged for some family watching.  It can be tough with that wide age range.  This month, Netflix has us covered--easily!

From the time Andrew was little, we've loved The Madagascar movies. He was only 5 1/2 when the first movie came out and we saw it at the theater. He had a Madagascar videogame he loved too! Over the last few years, we've watched the original movie and sequel again. Lily loves the penguins, just like I do! And WHO doesn't love, "I like to move it, move it!?!"

Last Friday, Netflix launched another original series! All Hail King Julien  is a fun and funny series with 5 brand new episodes!  We've had a busy last few weeks with band rehearsals and concerts and some sickness tossed in for good measure, so Saturday night was the perfect night to relax, pop some popcorn, and watch this new show!  If there is music involved, Violet is right up in the thick of it and from the beginning of the show, she was happy!  She and Lily danced every time the music started. Andrew and I enjoyed the show, laughing quite a bit! He made a few observations in relation to the Madagascar movie also.  We watched two episodes that night before deciding to watch a few holiday shows on Netflix as well.

The girls busting a move during All Hail King Julien



Andrew using Lily's Penguins of Madagascar binoculars to watch King Julien and then the Madagascar Penguins: A Christmas Caper.

Here's a video of Andrew in 2008 playing his Madagascar 2 game on the Wii. It still makes me laugh! {He had just turned 9} The song in the game is called Dance Like an African

The kids finally settled into a pile on the floor {you can only see the top of Lily's head} to finish out our night watching Veggie Tales: Saint Nicholas A Story of Joyful Giving. This is one of my faves!

There are a lot of holiday choices on Netflix and we've been watching most of them! Mickey Mouse, Curious George, and The Muppet Christmas Carol just to name a few.

Here are some recommendations:
Madagascar
Curious George
mumfie
in search of santa
veggie

And for teens and parents...
love
70136120 3360608
70011207 3405887
70140358 9597349



As a part of the Netflix #StreamTeam, {which I simply could not love more} we will be ringing in the New Year with our King Julien party kit! I'm a sucker for those glasses displaying the year and can't wait to have a picture of my family in them!  2015 here we come in style! We'll actually be ringing in the New Year with another #StreamTeam member, so be sure to look for lots of us hailing King Julien! I'll also have a great Netflix giveaway too, so be sure to check back!!

I'll leave you with this...




Disclosure: As a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam I was provided subscription to Netflix and also exclusive insights or other products. All opinions are my 100% my own and I was already a proud Netflix subscriber prior to this opportunity. Please see my full disclosure

No comments:

Post a Comment