Thursday, September 26, 2013

37 weeks ~ baby i2




Date:  September 26, 2013

How far along: 37 weeks is full term!!!  She can arrive anytime now!

Total Weight Gained:
  I gained 5lbs since my last dr. visit! Whoa. That was last week. ;)  Doc thinks it's water weight.  No biggie, really because I had zero protein in my urine and my blood pressure was good still...so that sudden weight gain alone didn't terrify me about pre-eclampsia.  Up 7lb total this pregnancy.

How big is baby? "Your baby's the size of a winter melon!  {whatever that is}
Yay! Baby has reached full term. likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. gaining about 1/2 ounce each day." 
**taken from The Bump

How baby is growing:
  • practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking.
  • getting first sticky poop (called meconium) ready for first diaper.
  • **taken from The Bump
    Maternity Clothes:  Without a doubt. And many shirts are too short. This last pregnancy is no joke! ha

    Sleep: Insomnia has set back in. I've been up a lot in the middle of the night.  Thankfully there's Candy Crush to play and Law & Orders and CSIs to watch.

    Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week:  Having a woman in the elevator tell me how great I looked for 40 and pregnant after asking me how old I was.  I'll take it.

    Movement: She's a tumbler and I think for the first time ever, I've experienced a baby in utero with hiccups. She's able to be seen moving from the outside which freaks George out. haha  He is not one of those husbands who enjoys feeling a baby move inside.

    Food Cravings:  frozen coke, ice cold water (like half frozen), chocolate, salad, cereal, strawberry yogurt.

    Food Aversions: Nothing specific, but sometimes just the thought of food makes me sick.

    Gender:  our second precious baby girl

    Symptoms:  My hips have been hurting while sleeping, but the baby has moved back up, so that super painful pressure has gone away thankfully. Heartburn still killing me. Lower back cramps have begun the last few days. 

    What I miss:  Not wanting to go to bed at 6:30pm every night, having energy, and being able to do simple things like jump when my Lily says "Jump with me, Mama!"

    What I'm looking forward to: An October baby, enjoying our last newborn time ever, Lily meeting her baby sister and how she embraces this new role in her life, getting through Andrew's last appointment for his wrist/getting his cast off before the baby comes, and being done with the crazy emotions that this pregnancy has brought on.

    **Weekly appointment:  heartbeat was 136 {the lowest hers has ever been}, bp 120/80, cervix still closed, 40% effaced

    36weeks 6 days


    1 comment:

    1. So exciting! You look great - I'm so jealous you're closer to your due date than me ;) 25 days for me now!!!!!

      My husband is also not the type to want to touch my belly and feel him move/hiccup/etc. Glad I'm not alone in that!

      ReplyDelete