Friday, October 4, 2013

38 weeks~ baby i2




Date:  October 3, 2013

How far along: 38 weeks ~

Total Weight Gained:
  One more gained for a total of 8lbs.

How big is baby? "Your baby's the size of a pumpkin!
Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen."
**taken from The Bump

How baby is growing:
  • She may have about an inch or so of hair already.
  • She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.
  • **taken from The Bump

    Maternity Clothes:  Without a doubt. And many shirts are too short. This last pregnancy is no joke!

    Sleep: I've slept pretty well the last few days with the exception of getting up to pee in the middle of the night, but when I'm asleep, I'm definitely asleep.

    Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Making some progress

    Movement:  still pretty consistent movement that's visible from the outside. She is very active between 10pm and 11:30pm everyday.

    Food Cravings:  frozen coke, ice cold water (like half frozen), chocolate, salad, cereal, strawberry yogurt.

    Food Aversions: Nothing specific, but sometimes just the thought of food makes me sick and seeing pictures of people's food on social media makes me gag!

    Gender:  our second precious baby girl

    Symptoms:  My hips have been hurting while sleeping. One night this week, she was so low I could barely walk then moved back up just in time for my doctor appointment! My blood pressure was up a little bit this week, but not terrible. I've finally started to see some consistent swelling at the end of the day in my feet. Heartburn is still there but not as bad this last week {knock on wood}.  

    What I miss:  Feeling comfortable.

    What I'm looking forward to: An October baby, enjoying our last newborn time ever, Lily meeting her baby sister and how she embraces this new role in her life, getting through Andrew's last appointment for his wrist/getting his cast off before the baby comes, and being done with the crazy emotions that this pregnancy has brought on.   This is exactly the case still this week too!  Also, getting back on track in life as a whole. I miss normality and my husband.

    **Weekly appointment:  heartbeat was 136 again,  bp 128/88, cervix dilated to 1, 70% effaced.

    38 weeks

    No comments:

    Post a Comment