Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I'm the Mom

I'm the mom who ensures she's up for school each morning.

I'm the mom who ensures she's dressed and ready for school.

I'm the mom who ensures she's at the bus and at school on time.

I'm the mom she calls in the middle of the day when she forgets something she needs.

I'm the mom who ensures she arrives home from school safely.

I'm the mom who asks about her day at school.

I'm the mom who ensures her homework is done each afternoon.

I'm the mom who takes her to choir practice, play practice, band rehearsals every time.

I'm the mom who ensures she showers each night.

I'm the mom who ensures she goes to bed at a regular bedtime.

I'm the mom who ensures she's accountable for her behaviors and choices.

I'm the mom who works hard to teach responsibility and independence.

I'm the mom who shows up each time at her concerts, her school events.

I'm the mom who sends her off each weekend for fun and relaxing after our week of school, chores, and "have-tos."

I'm just her stepmom.




1 comment: