Friday, August 30, 2013

A Little Life Catch Up

Well, let's see...


We've had a lot going on lately. Some great, some not so great!

Thank you for the support and comments on my post about life as a stepmom.  I'm not looking for life to always be easy, just not quite so difficult all the time in that realm.  Taking the step back has been good for my blood pressure and my sanity.

Also within the last couple weeks, we got a new to us car.  This is actually our first car together . George was beginning to worry about not having something big enough to have all 6 of us go somewhere after the baby is born, so he came home one afternoon from running some errands and said he wanted to go look.  I said ok and off we went.  The second place we stopped, we found a deal too good to pass up.  So, back the next day we went.  We both love it!

 
Lily is a big fan of the headphones so she can listen to music or watch dvds. 


As if buying a new car wasn't exciting enough, I decided that breaking my ankle at 31 weeks pregnant would add an element to our lives that would be awesome.  I stepped in a hole in our front yard, twisted it and down I went.  It hurt pretty badly from the get go, but I decided to see how it went for the rest of the day.  When I woke up the next day, it wasn't any better at all and off we went to urgent care where they x-rayed it and found the break.  My fav question at urgent care was, "When was your last menstrual cycle?"  My answer: "January 2013"  The guy stopped and actually looked at me.  Lightbulb! "Ohhhhh how pregnant are you?" 

 
I was lucky to get an appointment that afternoon with the orthopedic doctor, so I didn't have to endure the weekend.  She gave me a walking boot and told me to lose the crutches so I didn't break my neck trying to balance my baby belly while walking on one foot.  Let's be honest, it's been a pain in the ass. It's hard enough nearing the end of my pregnancy, chasing a Lily all day, tending to the activities of Andrew's busy schedule and trying to maintain some semblance of a working home.  Going up and down stairs sucks. Thankfully, I have a good husband and son who have been amazingly helpful.

Andrew went away to band camp for a week for the first time this year.  This deserves its own post, so I'm only going to touch on it, but on the Friday before they came home, they performed all their shows and invited parents to come to camp and watch.  It was so good! 
 
 
This current week, was back to school which was also back to waking up early and I am worn out.  It's definitely an adjustment and I have napped more this week than I have since the beginning of this pregnancy. 
 
So I have marching band, back to school, pregnancy updates and some Lily updates to catch up on. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get to some of it. I also need to get going through baby stuff too! Ackkkkkk!
 
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment