Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Just #5MoreMinutes Mom! #StreamTeam

I don't know what happened to my Lily once she started kindergarten, but it's like she magically began this new routine of bedtime stalling.  She'd never been this way in all of her previous 5 years. That's so long, I know.

Her kick now is try anything at all costs to stay up and stall bedtime!

"But, I'm thirsty!"

"Can I just read in my bed with the lights on?"

"I just wanna snuggle with you, I haven't seen you alllllllll day!"

"I just wanna watch one. more. show."


"This show isn't over yet!"

"Mommmmmmm! I'm hunnnggggrrrrryyyyy!"

You name it, she's all about it.

Now by the time it's bedtime, I'm already spent.  The transition into kindergarten this year was rough at first in the evenings out of her pure exhaustion.  Lots of meltdowns. Lots of tears.  Finally she got into the swing of it and adjusted.  Instead of melting down, she now just stalls with a gazillion reasons why it shouldn't be bedtime for her yet.

She is the master.

Tonight's stall was, "I need my sweatshirt to keep me cool while I sleep." That was followed by, "The top of my foot hurts so I can't go to sleep."

You can see her negotiating didn't go very well.


Andrew at nearly 16, thankfully just goes to bed! See, y'all?! There is hope!  Mind you, there are plenty of other teenage challenges, but bedtime isn't one of them in my house. :)

My stepdaughter's bedtime stall plays on the heartstrings of her dad and literally right before bed is when she decides she needs to talk about something serious.  Thankfully, he's got her number and can manage to cut to the chase to determine if it's legit or her bedtime stalling.

Violet just runs.  Like runs around until you catch her. Then when she gets into her bed, she wants to give Lily a billion kisses, ugga muggas, and hugs...all while she keeps jumping in her bed.


Netflix is helping parents all over let their kids think they're winning at the bedtime stalling game when they ask if they can have #5MoreMinutes or watch one more show!  Yep, you can watch one.more.show... that I choose!











Enter:


Dinotrux ‘5 Minute Favorites’

Tucking them in is magic, it’s just getting there that’s the hard part. So make bedtime a little easier with three new Dinotrux 5 Minute Favorites from Netflix.
DinoTrux 5MF BB boxshot USA  en
DinoTrux 5MF TR boxshot USA  en
DinoTrux 5MF TS boxshot USA  en

A few new faves on Netflix this month to help your little stallers stay happy:

New on Netflix for Kids and Families

Care Bears   Cousins
Care Bears & Cousins (11/6)
Home
Home (11/25)
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie
The Spongebob Square Pants Movie (11/1)

 Disclosure: As a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam I was provided subscription to Netflix and also exclusive insights or other products. All opinions are my 100% my own and I was already a proud Netflix subscriber prior to this opportunity. Please see my full disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment