Thursday, July 14, 2011

One Year

As I said the other day, life is immersed in all things first birthday party! 

Shopping, planning, crafting, creating, practicing and I'm hoping my vision all comes together.

So far, so good.

Other than my need to do everything myself.  I guess I have this dumb standard I set for myself of being "enough" for my kids, but doing it all.  I did it all with Andrew's parties and don't want Lily to not have the same thing. 

Which ends up meaning, a lot of stress for me trying to pull it all together and get everything done.

After the last few days and finishing a couple important projects that turned out EXACTLY as I hoped (see above pic), I'm feeling a little less stressed.  The menu is easy since we're grilling and all the cutesy stuff for the food table is planned, as well as the details. 

I still need to pick up silverware and random things like waterproof paper, but when the vision comes to fruition, I will be thrilled!  I've gotten a lot of ideas from fellow bloggers, as well as on Pinterest and then have created my own party.  Kind of the same as in teaching, ideas from others get tweaked into something a little different to work for one's own style.

One thing I'm grateful for is a husband who makes life easier for me by letting me run errands to pick up party and project stuff I need...without children in tow!  Life saving! There's no distraction for me and the ease of quickly getting in and out of the car--just me--is such a stress reliever. :)  As dumb as that sounds, the traffic around here is a nightmare these days--construction EVERYWHERE, so even getting where I need to go takes forever.  I'm grateful for his help in that way.  Thanks, babe!

Our first anniversary is also approaching which we're both excited for! Next week is a busy week. We're planning on going out for dinner on our actual anniversary and then something even more special when Andrew is back in Nashville visiting his dad, so we only have to find babysitting for Lily for that time.

We've been together for over 4 years, but we're both committed to honoring each other and the day we married. 

Oh and George's birthday is in the middle of all that stuff too. ;)  He's been telling me for the last couple years how birthdays aren't that big of a deal, but I'm determined to put that zeal back in them for him.  Last year I was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too pregnant to do much. We went to one of our favorite places to eat supper and enjoyed our last night home together as a couple without a baby since we knew we were going into the hospital the next night to be induced.  I don't want him to get lost in between our anniversary and Lily's birthday. (We had a BIG week last year! haha)

Clearly, I'm very nostalgic. I've been looking at pictures from this last year as I work on a project for Lily's birthday and I've found myself feeling a little depressed.  Not unhappy, rather just reflective and shocked that my baby's first year has literally passed by in the blink of an eye.

One year ago today... we celebrated getting our marriage license and we had 10 days left before Lily's arrival.

I may or may not have cried a little as I wrote this. ;)  I hope I get outta my funk soon.

3 comments:

  1. the decorations look awesome! i can't wait to see everything from the party. you guys sound just like us...malu's birthday is a week after our anniversary. sadly, with all the traveling we're going to be doing with my parents, we won't be having a big party for sina...just a small party with just us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a big week you guys had! Here is to another great year filled with joy and happiness :)
    Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday to the hubs and Happy FIRST Birthday to Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be happy to know I didn't cry but I did get a little emotional at reading that you cried. Good thing I know that you get emotional when you get stressed. I'm glad this week (that week now) is over and you can focus on the next year. It's been the most amazing year with Lily, exciting times for you and George and how far you both have come in a short 365 days. I'm so glad that even though I'm far away, I've be able to share in all the positive things that's happened for both of you. I love you both so very much. (and there, now I'm verklempt)

    ReplyDelete