Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What Summer Looks Like

In just three short days Lily, George and I will be by ourselves. Thus begins the summer schedule of our blended family.

Andrew leaves to begin his summer of travel literally the last day of school for the majority of June and July.   Reagan starts a week on/week off with each of her parents.  We've been really busy these last few weeks with get togethers, graduations and parties, and end of school year events, we are looking forward to some down time, but it actually comes very abruptly. We send them to school the last day and off they go somewhere else.  No time for celebrating Andrew's 6th grade graduation or the last day of school.  I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions about it all.

George and I are so in love with this joyful, funny little person we've created and we're going to embrace the party of three time we have together with her... as we know how quickly she'll grow and be in a completely new stage all too soon.  So Lily will have a lot of moments this summer with her parents as a family of 3.  We'll all be back together in time for her 2nd birthday at the end of July! Lucky me, I have a lot of pre-planning done and will have a lot of down time to get it done. ;)

Plus, George and I have already scheduled one date night we're both looking forward to! That's our end of school year celebration! :)

What I'm dreading today is the 232952094520 loads of laundry I need to get done for Andrew's trips. Plus he needs new shoes, some new clothes and a haircut.  The haircut is a must before he goes and his dad may end up having to take care of some of the other. 

He'll literally be home for 4 days between the last day of school and near the end of July. He'll be traveling to Tennessee, Scout camp, and Arizona this summer. He's looking forward to all of it! I'm super excited for him and the good thing about leaving right after school is out, he'll get to see his grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins on his dad's side too spending a week in Gatlinburg, TN. The last time Andrew was there he was 2!  He's not been back to Arizona since we moved nearly 5 years ago, so getting two weeks there will be awesome too! Wish I were going!

Reagan is looking forward to being more with her mom and having non-school time here with us! There's nothing specific on the schedule, but we're working on planning some special things for the girls with us and some one-on-one stuff with George too while she's here too! School starts earlier next school year than the last few, so end of August will be here before we know it too. Can't believe she'll be in 3rd grade already.

After we're all back together we will have a lot of celebrating to do! Andrew's 6th grade graduation~delayed celebrating of course~, our anniversary and both George and Lily's birthdays!

I have a ton to catch up on here on the blog. Thank God for pictures to keep me reminded. :) 

Life is good.  Just busy right now!

That's what summer is looking like for us....what about y'all?

4 comments:

  1. We don't have much pre-planned. My BIL & SIL aren't coming this summer for the weeks they usually do. The Mom group stuff will be fun. And my photography class! :) Hit me up if you want to get together - we'll be around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Andrew enjoys his summer! It sounds like he is going to have a lot of fun!
    Enjoy all the time you get to spend with just Lily. I know you'll miss Andrew and Reagan, but I bet your are going to have a lot of quality time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is going to have a blast. It is fun to spend one on one time but I know you will miss him like crazy! I used to go away every summer and my mom told me it was great bonding experience for my sister! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gonna be a busy summer! I'm sure Andrew will have a blast on all of his trips. And you guys will enjoy your alone time with the girls. Summer looks good!

    ReplyDelete