Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ghost Foot

Last year my Pinterest eyes were much bigger than my time availability. 

But. 

I like the ideas.

And instead of having a bunch of magazines lying around my house annyoing the crap out of my husband, I can keep my ideas at my fingertips. 

I literally pitched over 10 years of magazines a few months ago. Granted I did it when I was angry cleaning, but aside from ONE magazine I wish I still had due to sentimental reasons, I can find everything online.

One of the things I pinned last year was a footprint ghost as decor for Halloween.  I gathered up the supplies I wanted to use. I've seen varying options online, but I wanted it to be on a canvas with a ribbon to hang by.

I picked up the 8x10 canvas at Hobby Lobby.  Cheap! A 2-pack for $5.99. I also picked up a "hairbow" for the ghost too.  I already had black and white paint on hand from other various projects as well as the hanging ribbon, so this was a relatively inexpensive project for me!

Last year I got as far as painting the canvas black. 

Life.

I put it away disappointed that I wasn't able to get to it.

This year, I knew it was going to be completed. I pulled out the already painted canvas and figured since it had cured for a year, it would be good to go. 

A few weeks ago, I pulled it out and Lily and I were finally ready. I did a test footprint on a piece of paper. P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

Whew! This is going to be cake.  HA! Yeah, right.

First one on the canvas was smeared and Lily was missing a toe.  Not exactly what I was going for...drunkish ghost.

Washed the paint off of her foot and repainted the canvas. Left it to dry.

Yesterday was the day I was ready to return to it.  No wasted perfect foot on a piece of paper this time. We just went for it! 

First try was ok. But I did not love it. And after the time investment, {hello? more than a year!} I wanted to love it.  Washed her foot off and repainted the canvas.  Fortunately we had a sunny-ish, warmer day yesterday, so outside it went to dry and shortly after, we tried again.  This time was successful!! I loved it!

And since I didn't tell Lily what we were making, when she shouted, "A BOAST, MAMA! A BOAST!"  I knew it was "it".  I love it!  Added some eyes, the hairbow, her name and the date and voila!

Easy craft, yes. 

Timeless piece of Lily that I will treasure always made it totally worth the time put in.





5 comments:

  1. love it! I want to do christmas tree w. Breanna this year! I will need to pick your brain once I go to hobby lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "angry cleaning"

    I totally know what you are talking about here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously in love with this and cannot get to a craft store fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Ari's preschool did ghost feet and candy corn feet (but I think she wasn't there to do it). Glad Lily got to do this with you.

    ReplyDelete



My Not So Little Guy and My Little Punky Pie


Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved