Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sippy Cup

One of the things, George and I have consciously chosen to do with Lily was not push her to grow up too quickly.  We didn't rush solid foods, didn't stress about her not rolling over right away (back to tummy), we let her crawl in her time...you get the idea. 

With Andrew, it was totally the opposite...my first baby, I was very concerned with getting him to hit milestones --kind of as a mark of  how good of a parent I was. *eyeroll*  You know, stressing about what other babies were doing if he wasn't doing it.  Well, with him, he WAS doing it--early. What I thought years later was, "I wish he was little bitty longer."  Ohhhh those hindsight glasses again.

So with Lily, we truly made the choice to work with her of course, but truly let her develop on her own schedule. Same holds true with not pushing the sippy cup.  BUT...I will say, I'm pretty adamant that she moves off the bottle at age one.  So, we introduce her to the sippy cup and let her play with it.  She's managed to drink water out of it sometimes, but she really just likes to throw it on the floor. :)

notice the grilled cheese on my forehead too
We'll get there. :)

3 comments:

  1. so cute! sina was the same with her sippy cup. she didn't want to have anything to do with it the first couple days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had THE WORST TIME with sippy cups with Paige. It was like a horror movie. You would've thought that we were murdering her every time a sippy cup got close to her. I actually video taped it. I just have to find the tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will get there (too soon!) Love your new look btw - I haven't been online much lately and just noticed!

    ReplyDelete