Thursday, July 12, 2012

Play that Funky Music

Hello??

*tap tap tap*

Is this thing on?

Remember me?

I've clearly been missing for some time.  Yes, we've been busy and it's been miserably hot this summer, but truth be told, I have been in a serious funk this summer.

The heat hasn't helped. At all.

Thanks to my mom friends and our playdates, I have managed to keep some of my funk at bay. {thank you, ladies~although I know you had no idea how much you were helping}

I've seen Andrew a total of four days this summer so far as I've mentioned he would be traveling to visit family and going to Scout camp.  I miss him.


George's work schedule changed from perfect to not-so-perfect and it's really gotten to me. It's been a lot harder of a change than I had expected. Like whoa. I miss him too.

Lily is nearly two~like 12 days left until she is. As much as I have loved spending these last weeks of one with her~largely one-on-one, it also makes me sad how quickly she's growing. Thank God she's truly hysterical with the things she says and keeps me laughing even when I'm in the funk that has been present this summer.



So, I'm working on getting myself pulled out of the funk and working on reconnecting. I have been taking a lot of pictures at least.

Hope you'll stick around.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're in a funk! I'm bummed that I missed our playdate today. That last picture of Lily is perfect-how could she not cheer somebody up?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Stef...it's been blech. I'm sorry you missed it too. I've missed seeing you!

      Delete
  2. That's a great picture of you and Andrew! You can really see the family likeness in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was at the airport this past Sunday right before he got on the plane to AZ. :) E-A-R-L-Y!

      Delete
  3. (((hugs))) momma I was like that last mo....thank goodness for those little girls to always put a smile on our faces! I wish we lived a TAD closer so we could get together more! If you ever are in Robinson area let me know we can get together or if you even feel like venturing out this way LMK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cari! I don't mind driving, so I'm game!

      Delete
  4. Miss you! I know how those baby smiles can help us get through any funk! I remember last year when you had trouble letting go of "one" and remember how ok it was? Two will be ok too. Hang in there Mama! xoxo

    ReplyDelete