Tuesday, May 14, 2013

17 weeks~ baby i2




DATE:  May 9, 2013

How far along:  17 weeks

Total Weight Gained:
  I had a dr. appointment yesterday and I have officially gained 0 pounds this pregnancy and lost 8 total.  {not to worry, I've just eaten better and had lots of water}

How big is baby?  "your baby's the size of an onion!"
"Baby continues to beef up. Now she's about 5.1 inches long and weighs about 5.9 ounces. "
  **taken from The Bump
 
How baby is growing:
  • Her rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.
  • And she's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat.
  • She's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too.
  • She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.
**taken from The Bump and Babycenter

Maternity Clothes:  some maternity shirts for sure. Tshirts and comfy pants are my general wardrobe. Can't wait for warmer weather and skirts and dresses. The weather has started warming up thankfully!

Sleep: These last few weeks have been ok other than I'm exhausted all the time. I have been sleeping well, for the most part.

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: hearing the baby's heartbeat again at the doctor and then being able to find it easily at home with my Doppler!

Movement: I don't really feel movement yet. :(  My placenta is anterior and as they said and showed me during the CVS, it's also really thick, so even though I can hear her flipping and moving when listening for her heartbeat, I can't feel any of it.

Food Cravings:  icees, cereal, and German Chocolate cake.

Food Aversions:
none really lately

Gender:  our second precious baby girl

Symptoms:  heartburn, irritability, exhaustion, sore boobs.

What I miss: not feeling exhausted all the time

What I'm looking forward to: Our anatomy scan on May 28

3 comments:

  1. It never gets old hearing babies heartbeat:) Congrats on your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost to the halfway mark!!!
    We have so much cereal in this house, it's ridiculous. It's pretty much the only thing I want to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for in home Doppler parties!! I hope I can join someday!

    ReplyDelete