Thursday, March 19, 2015

Princesses & Heroes, Disney on Ice- part 1

After our date to see The Little Mermaid in January, I saw Disney on Ice was coming to Pittsburgh and knew it would be perfect for Lily to see! Though I hoped for Frozen on Ice to come, it was the Princesses and Heroes which was honestly just as great.  I bought our tickets--just for she and I and planned our next date!

The day came and of course the weather at the beginning of March was unpredictable---there was a snowstorm coming. We were going! I was very excited for Lily to experience this. She didn't disappoint with her excitement and that made it absolutely perfect for me! 

Lily asked me in the car if we could get snacks to eat while we were there and I promised her yes. She's at a fun, sweet age, where her conversations are often memorable. I don't want to forget how important getting a special snack was to her this night.  We made our way downtown, into the venue, and to our seats just as the show began. I assured her there would be a break and we could get snacks!



Aladdin was first and though it's not a movie she's seen, she does know the music and was excited to see Jasmine in real life!



Next up was Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs.  Lily kept counting them to make sure there was really 7!


One of my favorites was Beauty & the Beast. Although, there was no Beast.  I loved Be Our Guest and skating silverware! Lumiere has always been one of my favorite characters in the movie, so I was happy he was there too! Lily thought the silverware was hilarious!




One of Lily's favorite movies is Tangled---she loves Rapunzel! It was awesome to see her light up when At Last I See the Light started playing for Rapunzel and "New-Gene" {Eugene} to come out!



Tinkerbell also made some magical appearances throughout the show...


My all-time favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid and I'm so happy that Lily loves it too!  The bubbles that came down during Under the Sea were thrilling for Lily and she was a little afraid of Ursula.  Ursula was pretty scary, but how amazing is her costume?! I don't have any idea how she skated in it!






The Princess & the Frog scene was very short and it's a shame because that movie and story is really good!

Sleeping Beauty was pretty amazing! Maleficent turning into a dragon and there being fire on the ice was incredible!  This was one of my favorite parts of the show and Lily thought the fire was awesome too!







Cinderella's carriage was beautiful!


Mickey and Minnie came back out to tell us that there would be a short break and they'd be back with some amazing sisters and a story of true love!  That was all Lily needed to hear and she exploded with excitement! Screaming, cheering and jumping up and down!  But first, it was time for her much anticipated snack and souvenir!

{part 2 to follow}

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'm sure it was an incredible experience for Lily. Now, only 11.5 months until Frozen on Ice. Haha!

    ReplyDelete