Sunday, February 20, 2011

An Arizona Visit

When the Steelers made it to the AFC Championship game in January against the Jets, one of my brothers decided he was flying into Pittsburgh for the game. Back in 2008, when the Steelers made the playoffs, he came out then too, so we weren't surprised, rather just excited to see him again!

He and a family friend flew in for a brief 24 hour trip, but we were able to spend time with them and they met Lily for the first time too!

Like I said, it was literally a 24 hour trip. The kids and I picked them up at the airport Sunday--the day of the game--then were off to pick up their game tickets before heading to lunch.  It was our friend, James's first time in Pittsburgh so we all agreed he needed to eat at Primanti's in the Strip District before they headed to the game. So yummy!

Of course, this was the weekend the temperature dropped to like 3 degrees or something ridiculous like that and would be below zero for the football game. For two men coming from a 70 degree winter in Arizona, imagine that temperature difference!

They were frozen at the game...literally my brother's blackberry froze and didn't work, but had a blast! The Steelers won and were headed to the SuperBowl! Yippee!!
Jason -my little brother- and Fisher
Jas and Fish
(Jason had his original Terrible Towel from
when we were kids.Jas was born in Pittsburgh too...before me moved to AZ)
 Uncle Jas & Lily
Uncle Jas & Andrew
(2011)
Uncle Jas & Andrew the last time he came to visit. :)
(2008)
 me and my little brother
Uncle Fish and Lily watching SportsCenter.


Of course the visit was too short, but it was so good to see them and I was grateful for the little bit of home and comfort that came with them! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment