Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hey Good Lookin'...Whatcha Got Cookin'

Lily has been eating new foods as we've slowly been introducing solids to her. When I say slowly, I mean, really slowly.  With Andrew, I literally introduced a new food every 3 days. I guess with the relaxed second baby syndrome, I just don't feel any need to rush her! So, she gets new foods when she gets them. :)

I've made a few foods too...squash and sweet potatoes so far.  Basically what we've done is bought some baby food and when we were sure she wasn't allergic to anything, it opens it up to allowing me to make more food for her.  It's super easy and I love that she's getting homemade food!

In the meantime, she's had peas, carrots, applesauce, apricots, pears, turkey, mixed veggies, green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, sweet potato puffs, biter biscuits (which she HATES) and Daddy threw in an animal cracker. :)

She's been eating four 8ounce bottles a day and then either a fruit or veggie in the evening. Recently, she has been hungry enough that we've added both a veggie and fruit in the evening. Today, at lunch time she had some pears and a little bit of turkey too.  I am truly gaging how much to feed her on her. 

She LOVES squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, applesauce, mixed veggies. She likes peas, green beans and apricots and sometimes the sweet potato puffs.  She doesn't like the turkey or the biter biscuits or let's not forget rice cereal. 

I cannot believe that my baby girl is big enough to be eating food and in 5 short months, she'll be having birthday cake. WHAT?!

Peas:












Animal Crackers:












Carrots:












Pears:










Turkey:









Mixed veggies (peas, carrots, green beans):

2 comments: