Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lily's 6 Month Visit

So, this little baby of ours hit a growth spurt in between her 4 and 6th months. :)

On January 26, we headed in to see Dr.Kelly. I LOVELOVELOVE her! I know I say that everytime, but she's is so wonderful and she adores Lily!

First up, this sweet little pouty lipped angel getting her head measured...the nurses commented, "Wow, stranger fear doesn't usually happen until 9months!"

Then they said she looked like she was praying as they listened to her heart. ♥

Yay! Up to 15 pounds, 3 ounces!


Her weight puts her at 70% and her length is 26 1/4 inches at 75%.
Her head is 43.9cm moving her up to the 85th percentile!
I'm telling you she's so smart that she needs a lot of room for her big brain! :)

Waiting for Dr. Kelly to come check her out!

We love our pediatrician!!!!
 getting super sleepy...waiting for shots
 and the shots get harder as she gets older. :(
mama cried too.

We talked about foods to eat and not eat, ear piercing, sitting up, rolling over, her belly button finally going in (--you can look here to remember what it used to look like--) teething, diaper rash and vaccinations.

Dr. Kelly is pleased with Lily's growth is very supportive about any of our concerns! It makes such a difference when you find a pediatrician you LOVE!
Lily is doing well with eating solid foods...we're just taking it super slowly and not trying new things every 3 days like I did with Andrew when he was a baby. :) It's funny how relaxed you are the 2nd time around...even when there's 10 years in between.

7 comments:

  1. Those are some GREAT pictures and yay for a good appointment!!! I hope I am more relaxed with this one. I am hoping I will be - and I think I will be. I'll know soon enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - a good doc is a treasure! Your baby is growing SO FAST!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does look like she is praying! How cute is that?!?!

    I love our pediatrician too - not all the ones in the practice but the one we go to for all our regularly scheduled programming LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, she is so dang cute and growing up so fast! Love all the pics, esp. the one where she does look like she's praying. Sweet Lily. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorable! It is great when you have a good doctor. We were so sad when ours retired but we were lucky enough to get a fantastic replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful and I love reading your blog. You are such I good mom. I had a step parent nightmare in my past that reminds me of what you have gone through as well.

    My sons are ten years apart and it does make for more relaxing parenting with the younger one.

    Are you planning to have more kids?

    that is all

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how fast she's growing! She's so cute. I hope you all are over the sickness finally.

    ReplyDelete