Monday, February 28, 2011

Miscellany Monday

I have a lot of random thoughts going through my head and can't figure out what I want to write about in a focused way, so I've opted to post some of them in one place and link up with a blogger, Carissa, who I've been following for quite some time for her Miscellany Monday .
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


~Coupon Crazy
I LOVE coupons and saving money. No, I mean, I LOVE it.  It literally makes me happy when I buy things we need and I spend little or no money!  Saturday I headed off to Rite-Aid because they had Desitin and Johnson's Baby Lotion and Head-to-Toe Baby Wash on sale.  Sale price: $2.99.  Then, using their "Wellness Card" (store savings card), you got $2.00 back on your register receipt for each product making them 99cents a piece.  Yes, initially you pay $2.99 up front, but even THAT is a good deal.  Add $1.00 off manufacturer's coupon that I already had and I paid $4.26 total for the bottle of lotion and the soothing vapor bath I got and got back $4.00 in rewards on my receipt.

Ok, HERE'S the even BETTER part! 
Rite-Aid was out of the Desitin and baby lotion(except the one bottle I bought) and body wash. Because the sale was ending that day, they gave me a raincheck for each item for 99 CENTS (since the receipt rewards won't print past the sale end) and now when I go back with my $4.00 rewards AND my $1.00 off coupons, all my Desitin and lotion and baby wash ARE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Biblical Rain
The weather here is so extreme. Literally 8.5 inches of snow last week preceded by days of  66 degrees and finally today-- rain, rain and more rain. I awoke this morning to the sound of dripping. IN. MY. BEDROOM. The ceiling was dripping onto the foot of my bed. Our bedroom is at the back of the house and the roof over the porch isn't flush against the house, so that's where it is coming in. 
Thank God, I have a handy husband.

~Stepmom Stuff
Things are good in our house. Really good. Our family dynamic is cohesive. We just don't allow the negativity in. Simply.   Reagan still has some transition moments that are a struggle for her both coming and going, but they're shorter.  The only thing that honestly bugs me is us having to plan for things for the whole year at once with regard to birthdays, parties, holidays and events like that.  We can't just have a normal relationship and say, "Hey, we're doing a birthday party on a Saturday evening, can Reag spend that night with us so she can be here instead of leaving in the middle of it?"  Trying to coordinate with all moms and dads and our families (mine has to fly here) to plan something is disheartening sometimes.  Not because of the effort it takes, but for example if everything works out for everyone except with Reagan's schedule, then complete rearragement has to take place.  It's just frustrating and we should be well beyond that this many years into it.  We shouldn't have to plan in February for let's say, how Halloween is going to turn out. Honestly, why it bugs me so much is we have 11 more years of it with no improvement in sight. 
Such is life.

~First Birthday Party
As, I've begun thinking about Lily's 1st birthday, scheduling it to ensure the older kids are both here is paramount. This is obviously related to the previous subject. :) I have two ideas for now that I'm deciding between and still researching. I love party planning and 1st birthdays are so special!
Hers will be perfect for her. ♥

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh first birthday parties are so cute!

    AND? I totally relate to having to deal with the other parents being unflexible.....shudder--not anymore but I still remember hating it


    that is all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry dude but Lily wins out in this post. I cannot wait for her first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! i need to get better about couponing. i see your frustration about the stepmom stuff. i wish her mom could be more understanding! can't wait to see what you're planning for lilly! then you can shoot us some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I've been MIA lately - but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your kind comments on my blog!

    I'm glad to see that you and your kiddos are doing well - sorry about the leaky roof, though!

    I'm wanting to get into the coupon thing more. My problem is I clip them out and then forget to use them!

    Sending big hugs!

    ReplyDelete