Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hair Bows for Maddie

I'm always amazed at how small and supportive the blogging community can be.  I've come across people who went to the same high school as me, people who have mutual in real life friends, and of course those people who have become true friends in my life.

Yesterday, as I was reading one of my favorite women, Summer, who is an unbelieveable woman in her own right, had posted about a woman whose 4 month old baby died suddenly. I read Summer's post with tears streaming down my face at the shock and anguish this young couple must be experiencing having their new baby just DIE. 

(For the record, I don't use the words "pass away" in some situations. It is harsh and tragic and painful and sudden...and "pass away" isn't reflective of this one. Example: My grandmother passed away at the age of 80. My dad died at the age of 48 suddenly of a heart attack...)
 
I then went over to read Kellie's blog sobbing as I read more of her story and the unimaginable experiences she is going through this week.

One SIMPLE thing she has asked is for people to have their baby girls (or girls) wear bows or headbands in honor of her baby girl, Maddie, today...the day of her Maddie's funeral.  Kellie would like pictures emailed to her at kellieshsu06@yahoo.com . 

My thoughts and prayers are with this family and if emailing this mama a picture of Lily wearing a bow helps her in ANY way, I'm in.

with love for Maddie...

6 comments:

  1. that is so sweet and how supportive of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow

    My girl is 19 and whe is not the hairbow type, but I know she would wear a hat in honor of Maddie--


    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a dear sweet wonderful friend and I new in my heart f hearts you would be one of the firsts to dress your precious Lilly in honor of Maddie! It gives me cold chills and I want to thank you so much! Anything we can do to help Kelli I'm in! My heart is broken for her!

    love ya
    Sums

    PS Lilly is so cute and so precious and I love her BOW!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ivan, Monique and MarleeFebruary 24, 2011 at 1:23 AM

    Steph, thank you for sharing. I am reading this at almost midnight, but will have my two girls in bows tomorrow!
    Lily is seriously one of the cutest babies in the world! I love reading your posts and can't get over how stinkin' cute she is. Of course she would be since she is yours:)
    Love you and miss you~Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not imagine.

    Lily is so cute (as usual!!) Can't wait to meet up soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete