Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Birthday and Half Birthday


Today is my dad's birthday. 

He would have been 65.

He was 48 when he died and clearly, I cannot picture him aged more than that.  I feel pretty sure he'd look the same though.  Maybe just a little less hair. :)

It's my half birthday today too.  And my birthday is his half birthday. 
Something I've always loved.

I miss my dad. A LOT.

I had a few moments of sadness throughout the day, but when I spend my day with an almost 14 month old bright-eyed happy baby girl who giggles, jabbers all day long, I can't help but laugh, smile and embrace all the happiness in my life.

Then tonight my aunt sent me a couple pictures of the birthday flowers she took to his grave today.  And since I'm so far away and can't visit on my own, I appreciate this so, so very much.

Happy Birthday, Dad.

I love you. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment