Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sleep and Water...Necessities

Yesterday was long.

As in, I just could not wait until bedtime. 

See, Monday night, my normally sleep-all-night-long-and-have-been-for-all-but-about-2 1/2 months-of-my- life baby, kept waking up. 



The first time, {right after I'd gotten into bed, of course} I went up and thought she just needed her paci. No biggie.  Popped it back in and gave her her blankie and out I went.

Crying crying crying and more crying.  I went back in and she was sitting up, arms outstretched, wailing, "MaaaaMaaaa".

I picked her up, hugged her, grabbed her blankie and brought her down to lay with me for a little bit. She laid on my chest, just like she did when she was a teeny newborn while I watched the news in bed.  I put her back in bed shortly and back to bed I went. 

About a half hour later, I was just about to fall asleep when the hysterical crying began again.  Daddy went up this time and same thing. Couldn't get her to calm down. All things checked--diaper, too hot/too cold, paci etc. He finally got her back to sleep and came back to bed. Only for an hour later for the cycle to repeat. 

I went and got her and brought her back to bed with me right away.  Only she didn't want to lay on my chest this time. She was tired and just wanted to sprawl in the middle of the bed between Daddy and me. She laid her head near me and her legs diagonally towards him.  He didn't move at all. In fact, he didn't even know she was there. I kept telling him to move his elbow because he was almost elbowing her, then me in the head. I dozed off guarding our heads until I knew she was completely back to sleep. Then I stumbled back upstairs and laid her in her crib, made sure she settled in and finally crawled myself back in bed around 4:30am for the hour and a half until the alarm went off.  We think we've begun 2 year molar hell, but something else was going on with her too. :(  She was sad and pathetic. Poor baby.

Up all night led to me sleeping through my second alarm to get Andrew and Reagan up for school. So at 7:49am, when I woke up suddenly, it was a scramble to get them ready and out the door to get to the bus in 20 minutes.

By 8:45am, Lily was heading for the steps with her blankie and saying, "night night" after only being up just about an hour.  She ate breakfast first then finally went to bed around 10 and she fell right asleep and took a 3 and a half hour nap.

When I went to get her lunch ready, I turned on the water to wash strawberries and nothing came out of the faucet. Nada. I called the water company and found out it was off due to an issue in our town, pretty close to us.  Ok.  A little while. later I went outside and found the issue was very close to us. Like just down the street.  There was a break in a line and water was shooting in the air.  

Funny how you realize how much you need water when you can't use it.  Then 5 hours later when it came back, the lines needed to be flushed and cleaned out, so it was a long time without water yesterday afternoon and evening.

We spent the afternoon watching "Go Go-eeeeeee" otherwise known as "Yo Gabba Gabba" and coloring.
She's seriously is so content with some paper and anything to write with.

Yesterday was just l-o-n-g. 

Thankfully, I can say that last night, Lily slept soundly for 12 1/2 hours.


  1. I just love that picture of Lily!!! hope you were able to get caught up on sleep!!!

  2. Those kind of nights are rare here too but oh yeah they happen! Booooo for no water!! Hope today's a better day!

  3. teething bites, hope she feels better!