Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Sunshine

In keeping in balance with living and online, today brought a not-so-typical-of-late Sunday.

After growing up in Arizona, it has taken some adjusting to time changes for me. I actually LOVE that Arizona doesn't change and am not a fan of changing it. Clearly, this is not something one can just decide to participate in or not, thus I went to bed last night losing an hour.  This morning I headed off to start my spring consignment sale shopping with my friend, Amy and I got up at the crack of dawn, still dark 7am, really 6am and headed out to shop.  It was a bust.  Like whoa. Literally, we found nothing.

So what do two sleep-deprived mamas do when they're already out without their babies?  We went to breakfast, of course.  We talked without having to field catapulting food from babies, or whines, or grabs, or any other variety of baby distraction.  Like grown-ups.  We shared stories, I cried a little bit like the sappy girl I am and enjoyed a couple hours off the mom clock.  It was wonderful. And much more needed than I realized.  Thank God for good people. I adore her.

What that meant at home was, George and Lily had Daddy/Daughter time in the morning that they rarely get without me around. They lounged in bed watching Bubble Guppies and had breakfast together. Andrew slept in until 10:30 or so.  That is stunning to me even if his body thinks it was 9:30 because he has always been my up at 6:30am kid until recently.  But, 10:30 a.m. wow. They all had a good morning too.

We did some typical around the house Sunday chores and then headed outside to play before then heading to the park. The weather today was gorgeous, sunny and warm after last week's rain, wind and cold. It was more than welcome!





Lily was just thrilled to run around and she's recently started this little gallop that is hysterical. It's not quit skipping, just a little hop with one foot mid-run.

My son. Ohhhh my sweet, sweet son. When I'm dealing with tween attitude, remind me of these moments, please.


We had a great time at the park and then grilled out for supper at home.  Now, my kids are in bed, my husband and I are winding down ready to take on the week.

It was a pretty perfectly happy Sunday.

3 comments: