Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our Genne

When we went to Nashville, Lily and I stayed with one of the dearest in my heart friends, Genevieve.  It had been too many years since we'd physically seen each other and I loved that it was just as if no time had passed since we'd seen each other. 

Although, the 3 newer babies between us, were a reminder that a lot of time had passed. :)

See, Genevieve became a part of our lives, when Andrew was 11 weeks old.  Yes, weeks. She went on trips with us, came and played with us, basically our family events when Andrew was little consisted of she, Andrew and myself. She even drove across the country to move us to Arizona from Tennessee when my ex-husband and I divorced. Andrew called her (and still does) "My Genne".

I wish I could truly capture in words how much this woman means to me, however I know there simply are not.  I only hope and pray she knows how valued, appreciated and adored she is and the impact she has had on my life and her role in my son's life is utterly irreplaceable.  She has this amazing spirit and the wisdom of a much older soul and those are just two of my favorite qualities about her.

She has two girls--a 3 year old and a 7 month old whose personalities were both so fun to get to know!

After watching Genne with so many other babies and my own son, I simply adored watching her with her own.  She is so gifted with children and I was proud to introduce her to my other baby...since she was so close with my first.
 
These are just a handful of the pics I have on my computer. Most of our pictures are pre-digital, but there are tons with her. :)  

August 2011


We love our Genne!

2 comments:

  1. Awww I love these photos!! And you're right, most of ours were pre-digital era. I am thankful beyond words that I got to see you and spend time with Lily and Andrew. Love you <3

    ReplyDelete