Tuesday, October 18, 2011

On the Mend

We headed back to the pediatrician yesterday after the rash breakout. 

I had stopped giving Lily the amoxicillin Sunday when we first saw her rash, so by the time we'd gone to the doctor, she had missed two doses and still had the rash.

The GREAT news we learned is that her ears had cleared up in just 3 days with the antibiotics!  She's a strong little sucker. :)

And because of that, we didn't need another antibiotic to try while we let this amoxicillin leave her system.  Her temperament is totally normal, she's just a little rashy and of course, it's more pronounced after her bath or when her skin is warmer, like in her footie jammies. 

The good thing is, it doesn't seem to be causing her discomfort for the most part. I noticed after I took her clothes off last night, she was rubbing around trying to scratch her back.  So, we gave her some benadryl before bed.  She slept great.  This morning her rash is minimal. We'll see after her bath tonight how it is.

Her daddy and I are both allergic to penicillin, so I'm not surprised by her reaction. :)

I'm happy she's blessed with a super strong immune system like Andrew and myself. The doctor was suprised how quickly her ears had cleared up.  While I'm pretty opinionated about strong versus weak immune systems, suffice to say environment is as important as genetics.

Yay for a babe on the mend!

2 comments:

  1. We want nothing more than for Lily to be all better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she's starting to feel better!
    Dylan is allergic to amoxicillin. He broke out in a rash the first time he had an antibiotic!

    ReplyDelete