Monday, June 14, 2010

Doctor, Doctor Gimme the News

We had a growth scan and our 31 week appointment today.  Officially we are 31 weeks, 2 days today! There are only 61 days left until our due date!!! That is so crazy to me!  Exciting and scary at the same time!

G is very ready for her arrival and excited to meet her! We've talked a lot about the bond that mothers have with their baby during pregnancy and how different it is for men.  Pregnancy for him is about me, primarily. I love his honesty and knowing how he loves our children, I'm excited to watch him bond with our daughter when she arrives. The other night he came home after I was already in bed, he came in kissed me, rubbed my belly and said, "Just a little over 2 months! Aren't you excited? I am!"

A came to this ultrasound for the 1st time.  He thought it was neat to hear Lily's heartbeat as we watched it on the screen too! It was 136. I drank a Cherry Coke to wake her up before we went in, but it didn't do too much. She's pretty consistent on the time of day she's most active and I don't think they do ultrasounds at 11pm. :)

All of Lily's measurements were right on schedule for her growth --she's actually measuring a few days ahead. Her heart was beating strongly, the amniotic fluid is good, her belly and head measured great! She is breech still and just seems to be switching sides of my ribs that her head wants to be under. She better FLIP!

She weighs 4lbs. 2 oz. (last month she was 2lbs.3oz) and is in the 69th percentile for her gestational age. I suppose since the doctors were worried about her being small due to the placental mosaicism, she decided to show them!

I love to see her each month! Today she moved her mouth a lot and stuck her tongue out at us. A thought that was really funny. :)

I can't imagine what that's like for a kid, albeit a pretty connected kid, to actually see her moving and being "real".  There were a couple toddlers in the waiting room who were adorable and active. A kept saying, "I bet Lily's gonna be active like that. I'm excited for her to come!" ♥

My blood pressure was 120/82, weight gain: 5 lbs., I'm measuring on time with the old school measuring tape, Lily's heartbeat was 150 on the doppler and all is well.  Still swelling --when it's humid primarily and heartburn. But, doc said all is well and normal.  :)

31 weeks, 2 days.  And yes, her hand is once AGAIN up by her face...


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My aunt chews Orbit white gum for her heatburn. Something in it seems to help.. graned she isn't pregnant but it is an idea

    ReplyDelete