Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 3~ My 1st Love

Day 3-Your first love


My first love...wow. I could write about my third grade boyfriend who sent me my very first love note ...check yes or no. Or I could write about my high school boyfriend who broke my heart by breaking up with me because I wouldn't have sex with him. Or I could write about my ex-husband. Or more importantly, George, because he's my true love. 

All of those are "firsts" in the progression of my life.

But my first love is the first man I ever loved...my Daddy.
He died on May 28, 1995, when I was 22 years old.

I miss him every day of my life.  I am so grateful I am his daughter and had him with me for 22 years. I still hear his words of wisdom in my head. I wish he could meet my children and my husband. He taught me what to look for in a husband and a father. He would be happy with my choice...my mom tells me.

I told George that every little girl should be able to look at their daddy the way Lily looks at him...the way I looked at mine. ♥


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment