Friday, November 26, 2010

4 months old!

On Wednesday, Lily turned 4 months old!
I seriously cannot believe she's already 4 months.

She had her pediatrician appointment actually that very day.
I'd been anxious to see how much she's grown in the last 2 months!

She's weighed in at 12lbs., 14oz...
...which puts her at 30% for her weight.
Considering during her early weeks she was at 3%, she's come a long way.

She's 24.75 inches long (55%).

And well, her head measures at 42.2cm which is in the 80th percentile!
It's that big for her growing brain, of course. :)

Her heart sounded great. ♥

She LOVES Dr. Kelly! ♥

Dr. Kelly was really pleased to see how much Lily has grown and how she's developing.
She said Lily has the strength of what she typically sees in a 6-9 month old. :)

She's had an umbilical hernia...her belly button REALLY popped out after her 2 month visit to the doctor and it's still out (you can see in some of the pictures), but it's healing on it's own and no need for surgery.
At one time it was probably out a good inch, maybe an inch and a half! 
Daddy used to call it her turkey belly timer. :)

It's hard to believe that it's already time that our baby girl can start eating rice cereal and once she gets the hang of that, onto to veggies. I truly just cannot believe she's already old enough.
A couple days ago, even Andrew said to me, "Mom, I don't want her to get any bigger than this!" 
She's just at such a fun age where she laughs and smiles and 'talks' with everyone.
 I love that Andrew is even loving each moment!

Lily was pretty smiley and happy after being seen by Dr. Kelly who gave her an A+! 

Next up: vaccinations.
The first which is the oral...Lily takes with no problem at all.

Then she had to get 2 shots...
She was NOT a fan. :(
One in each leg.
I cried this time...and then was hit with a memory of Andrew getting shots when he was 12 months...
remembering that the older they get the harder it is...
They look at you with this look of "why are you letting them hurt me?"
And then I cried harder.

But rest assured, on that Thanksgiving Eve,
Lily
was back to her normal happy self
very quickly. :)


7 comments:

  1. Steph, I read but hardly ever comment. I couldn't not this time. Your little girl is ADORABLE!! She always looks so happy.. that last picture kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph,
    Lilly is soooooo presh and I love her in her turkey hat and cute shirt!! She is def mommy and daddy's little turkey for sure!!

    Glad she got a great bill of health and she is growing and is soooo strong and smart that is awesome!

    Wow I can't believe how fast time is going, seems like yesterday you announced she was born!

    Glad ya'll had a fantastic Thanksgiving

    xoxo
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is SO cute! I laughed at "turkey belly timer".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you document the whole visit with pics! I love the head measuring picture - she is like What is this silly person doing to me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable and such a happy little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHe is so stinkin cute!! I love her Thanksgiving shirt. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just about to comment how happy Lily looked at her appointment, until I got to the part of where she had her shots. Can't blame her though - I hate getting shots too!

    I hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving. The coming month or so will be such a happy time for you... Lily's first Christmas!

    ReplyDelete