Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

My husband and I are not ones who participate in the over indulgent commercialization of Valentine's Day...simply meaning chocolates, flowers, out to dinner etc. just aren't "us". 

For as long as we've been together, we've had kids, so holidays are kid/family centered.  We give the kids a little something, have a special supper together and I always make pink heart shaped pancakes with pink milk to drink for breakfast. 

We exchange cards with each other, which is one of my favorite gifts from my husband. ♥ This year's card was pretty incredible...I love it. George is the perfect mix of humor and sappy for me. He knows I love and need the sentimental stuff, but couldn't survive without the humor. I made a card for him through Tiny Prints and it was perfect.  Exactly what I hoped it would be. He loved it too!

I was surprised when the huz came home from work with a small bouquet of roses...3 white roses representing our children and one red for me.

He also gave the girls a purple rose each. I told him that every girl should get flowers from her daddy...especially their first flowers.

This year we headed over to Granny & Pappy's for a family supper where we dined on yummy homemade lasagna, salad and rolls along with some sweet treats--cake and mini cupcakes.
yep, that's a knife. lily's ready for supper!
I forgot a bib, so a handtowel made it happen. :)

After supper, we visited for a little while and Granny & Pappy had Valentine treats for the kids. They're so good to our children (and us) in every way and we're so, so grateful to have them in our lives...



We're thankful for the Valentine's cards the kids received in the mail from Oma, Aunt Pam & Granny/Pap Pap too!  They love receiving mail and they hit the jackpot on one day!

Happy Hearts Day 2012! 

1 comment:

  1. G is so sweet! I love the creativity! I'm going to have to come over and soak some in! Haha :-)

    ReplyDelete