Saturday, May 22, 2010

3rd Trimester! 28 Weeks Baby!

How far along are you?
~28 weeks!!! 3rd trimester!!! SOOOOOOO excited!! Homestretch!
According to Babycenter....my little Chinese cabbage this week:














"By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world."

What symptoms are you experiencing?
~swelling
~pain under my right rib
~general uncomfortableness
~ carpal tunnel still making my hands fall asleep

How are you feeling?
~Pretty uncomfortable at the end of each day
~Not sleeping fantastic :(


Any Midwife/Doctor appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go?
~Regular check up this past Monday in addition to the glucose test. I passed the 1 hour test!!!!
Woo hoo! I fully expected to have to take the 3 hour test because I never pass, but I did!
I'm measuring right on schedule, Lily's heartbeat was good and strong in the 150s --like usual. Blood pressure was good, weight gain was 7lbs for a total off 15lb entire pregnancy so far.


Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)?
~We're working on the house and the baby's stuff, picked a baby shower date finally, dealing with stepdaughter drama, summer schedules, and a sick Daddy. It's been a hectic week. :)

Any fears or hopes you want to get off your chest?
~I've been following the blogs of a couple pregnant women that were in my online due date group whose babies did not make it. It is so heartbreaking and I am so touched by what these women are going through and how brave they are to share their vulnerability.  It has brought some worry to me again about my own pregnancy and I'm just a little bit anxious and trying to keep it in check.

Any belly pics or ultrasound photos from this week?


7 months have passed...3 more to go!
Any food cravings?
~Special K with Red Berries
~bananas
~brownies
~water
~cheese

Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week.
~Passing the 1 hour glucose test!!! You have no idea how happy I am to FINALLY not have to take the 3 hour one! **Notice the big bruise on my right arm in the pic with the 7....that's from the blood draw. I bruise really easily.

What has been the most surprising thing about this pregnancy?
~Honestly, the amount of pain this carpal tunnel (I know I complain about this EVERY week) has brought. It hurts sooooooo badly. It hurts to write, to drive, make a fist --anything I have to close my hand for. And of course, it IS my right hand --you know the one that I use the most.

Baby brain moment of the week?
~Funny thing is, I thought earlier this week, "I have to remember this for my baby brain moment of the week!" But, alas I can't remember. I look for my keys...they're in my hand, I look for my phone...I'm on it. You know, the usual for this pregnancy for me.

Random Question of the Week:
When are you planning to go on maternity leave and how long before you return to work if at all?
~I hope to work right up until delivery --give or take a week. That's the plan. :)  We're working on our plan for me to return to teaching. I'm excited about the possibilities and flexiblity!! Lots of pregger teachers right now. :)


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Your sonogram is awesome! That's the coolest sonogram I've seen.. love the dangling legs!!

    ReplyDelete