Friday, May 14, 2010

My Blossoming Lily...

This morning we had our next growth scan to keep on measuring Lily in ultrasound to make sure she's growing as she should be since we have placental mosaicism. 

Here's info about where the genetic testing began: http://gotonepastgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/03/its-girl.html
and the placental mosaicism (why we do the growth scans): http://gotonepastgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/03/1st-big-photoshoot.html

4 weeks ago when we were there, Lily weighed in at 1 pound, 3 ounces.
Today, she weighs in at 2 pounds, 3 ounces! Grow baby grow!!!  Her heart was pumping strong and beating at 156 bpm! It just makes me happy to see her in there getting bigger and bigger. ♥ 

She moved sides of my belly since last time and her head is now underneath my right rib this time (last time was under the left). Good to know that it is her feet I feel low kicking the crap out of my bladder everyday. I am grateful to be able to feel her move and I recognize her more active periods are fairly patterned now.

They measure her kidneys, her belly, her head, her heart and a myriad of other things. My only concern is if she is growing appropriately and measures on time. She is!

My mom came with me to this ultrasound...and despite having 3 children of her own, has never been to an ultrasound. When I was pregnant with A, I lived in TN and she in AZ, so she was never at an ultrasound and when she was pregnant with my brothers and me, they didn't do them. She bought herself a cutie little picture frame at the hospital gift shop to be able to put her ultrasound picture from today in.

Lily has big feet like her daddy: ♥
















The ultrasound tech tried to get a 3D scan of her face, but....
Lily apparently loves to keep her hand up by her face...as we've seen in every ultrasound. Basically we see her elbow in this picture as she appears to be getting ready to cover her face with her forearm. So, she wasn't able to get the 3D scan. I think it will be neat to see if she likes her hand near her face after she's born.
Happy Mama,

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome news Lily is growing right on schedule! How sweet are those ultrasound pics....love it! I am glad your mind is at ease and your precious girl is growing....grow Lily Grow!1

    Have a great weekend
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete