Monday, May 17, 2010

Doc Update and Daddy Cravings

Doctor's appointment today....regular OB checkup. 27 weeks, 2 days.  In addition to the regular weight, blood pressure, heartbeat, measuring my belly stuff, I also had to do the 1 hour glucose test. Blech.

I will say the glucose drink is A THOUSAND times better than it was when I was pregnant with A, 11 years ago. But, I DREAD the blood draw.

I have crap veins. You can't see 'em and no matter how much water I drink ---I drink water all day long -- still super faint veins.  On top of that, once they finally find them, I bruise super easily. Like, as soon as the needle goes in, the bruise starts to show. Wimp. 

I'm glad all the nurses like me.  They checked me in, sent me to the lab to drink the sugar crap and then back for my appointment, so my 1 hour waiting time was spent usefully.  Doctor came in, checked my belly --measuring right on schedule, we listened to Lily's heartbeat- 154bpm ♥ , talked about anything going on with me --carpal tunnel crap, heartburn etc. and then scheduled my new appointment for 2 WEEKS from today!

I cannot believe we're already at the time to go every 2 weeks instead of every month!!!

My blood pressure was normal and I have gained 7 pounds since last month for a grand total of 15 pounds. Funny about my 7lb. weight gain in one month when I had only gained 8 total in the previous 6 months! hahaha! I've been hungry a lot and Lily is growing as she should be, so I'm ok with it.

So, 2 more weeks until next doctor appointment and 4 more weeks until next growth scan.

After that, I went back to have my blood drawn and was pretty nauseated about her doing it. :(  That hasn't happened in a long time.  I don't like needles...at all, so I just usually suck it up and turn my head. Today was yucky.  Like I said, I don't usually pass the 1 hour test, so I expect the call to say I failed and need to schedule the 3 hour torture.

Good appointment overall!

Later this afternoon, I got a text from G (who's at work) that says: "Can u do me a favor? Go to get 2 bags of vlasic dill seeds and one bag of david jumbos. And a blue gatorade or orange? A snickers bar too".



WHO is pregnant????  I told you before he's completely in tune and experiencing this pregnancy! My pregnant man

2 comments:

  1. Yay your appt went well! LOL about your hubby texting you to pickup munchies for him....that's so funny he is so in sync with your pregnancy....um Dill Pickle Sunflower seeds? That's different ha!

    Girl you look fantastic and I like hardly gained any weight with Kelcee until like the 6th month and then it was like boom over night I gained weight ha!

    I am so glad Lily is doing so well! They had to check Kelcee every 2 weeks my entire pregnancy since I was so highrisk! The upside of it was I got to see her a gazillion times and I have a gazillion ultrasound pics :0)

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so he doesn't know about ranch flavored seeds apparently.. we have them in all kinds of flavors here in Ky..

    ReplyDelete