Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting to Know You!

Click http://www.mannland5.com/ to link up with Keely for this bloghop!


1. The most expensive thing hanging in my closet is.....?
~My college graduation gown....all the blood, sweat, tears and time ---not to mention money--- that went into my college education is by far the most expensive thing hanging in my closet. :)  And worth every bit.












2. Have you ever played a team sport?
~Grew up playing softball from age 6 to 18 and then umpired from 18-22.  In my 30s I played on work softball teams too. I played volleyball some, basketball (I hate basketball), and powder puff football each year too. I grew up in a very active sports family!

3. If you were a bug, what kind would you be?
~I asked my 10 year old son this question...his answer: "Mom, of course you'd be a ladybug because they're good luck and so peaceful."  I love this kid!

4. Where on your body is the worst place to get sunburned? (thanks Ian)
I decided to answer this based on experience rather than what I think would be the worst!
When I was 21, my family went on vacation to California and I fell asleep on the beach on my stomach. The bottom of my swimsuit exposed just enough of the side of my butt cheeks that didn't get sunscreened. I was burned so badly it hurt to sit down to pee the rest of the vacation! Dumb. It hurt soooo bad!

5. Are you happy?
~I am happy. It's funny how simple a word "happy" is.... Yes, we have stress and crap in our lives, but I have a son whom I adore, a stepdaughter I love as my own, am carrying the love of my life's child and have been lucky enough to find that love. I am happy.


6. People are always abbreviating..are there any abbreviations that make your skin crawl when people use them?
~ I hate when LOL is used after everyfreakingthing!!! Lol lol lol lol lol   Guess what? Less is more! If you're "lol"ing about everyf'ing thing then you lose your credibility.

7. Do you love where you live..or could you live anywhere?
~hahahahahhaha! We talk about this all the time. The ONLY reason we live in Pittsburgh is because of R. We hate it. We try to find positives about it and there are a few --the Penguins, people are generally friendly, fishing --but she is the reason we are here and she's worth it.

8. What, if any, extreme measures do you go to to keep yourself from overeating when you're full?
~Nothing extreme. I learned to just stop. And thank God I'm pregnant so I can eat again soon. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the lol thing..and was a serial lol user for a long time..but trying to wean off of it because it irritates me too...so if I use it in a comment to you...let me know...I'm really trying!

    Anyway catching up on blog reading and stopping by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL...Lol...so LOL..haha!
    Um heck ya that graduation is the most expensive thing!!!

    Super sweet boy you have, ladybugs are cool! And so laughing at the burned butt! Ouch, you would have to learn to pee standing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answers Steph!

    All those LOL's (oh snap..I wrote it again!) were making my skin crawl..;-)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to your blog so CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! I loved being pregnant!

    I love aall of your answers...so cute!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete