Monday, May 10, 2010

Random & Connected

~I started this blog as a means to have a separate blog to record my pregnancy without the pregnancy taking over my personal blog entirely. That was it. The goal.

I do that.

In addition to that, I have connected with some truly amazing people.

One of them-- we've discovered that we attended the same high school, have real life friends in common and I just admire the realness about her.  Another, we have a similar way of thinking, like the same music, are from the same hometowns, both are teachers and the value the same important things in life.  Yet, another makes me laugh with silliness, listens to me vent and has shared a similar life experience of losing a parent. Finally, another who battles health issues I can't imagine, yet embraces LIFE and makes the most of every moment --I admire this so much.

There are more, yes, absolutely.  The above are just a few I have felt I've truly discovered for a significant reason. I'm not sure what it is or even if I ever will, however, I do believe that people are brought into our lives for a reason. I just ensure that I pay attention.

Recently (a few weeks now...) I have had some pretty awesome things said about me in my new blogging world!

So onto acknowledge those who acknowledged me the past few weeks....

~First up:  Jen at Daily Scoop of Chaos passed this little gem of an award along to me a few weeks ago. She's one of those people I described above. ♥ 










I'm now to share 10 random things about myself, then pass this award along to 10 of my favorite bloggers. :) I'm doing this because I love Jen and this is my first "award". Yippee!

1.      I skipped 2nd grade.
2.      I only drink milk out of a glass. Never a cup.
3.      I don't like to share my pillow...with anyone.
4.     When I was 10, I took swimming lessons where we learned the "dead man's float". One day we went to the public pool ~my mom, my brothers and a family friend and her 3 kids~ I practiced the dead man's float SO well that when I came up for air, I saw 2 lifeguards swimming towards me and EVERY person at the entire pool evacuated back against the perimeter wall...(I grew up in Arizona...imagine how many people were at the pool in the summer...)
IN the pool were just the 2 lifeguards and ME. ( I didn't go back the rest of the summer except for swim lessons.)
5.      I have the letter from my first boyfriend in 3rd grade that really says "check yes or no". The man I married had the same first name.
6.     I love Sharpies.
7.     I have lived in 3 states in my life...PA, AZ, TN, AZ and PA. (in that order)
8.     I moved to Nashville to pursue a singing career. Best decision I ever made.
9.     When I am overwhelmed, I tend to become reclusive.
10.   I am obsessed with quotes and sayings and photographs.

That was actually a lot harder to do than I thought. :)

~Next up, Shell at Things I Can't Say...another one of the above described treasures. ♥

She recently posted this amazingly touching blog about her online neighborhood.  I am proud and honored to be recognized as one of her neighbors...http://thingsicantsay-shell.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-neighorhood.html

I agree with her that we quite possibly are soul sisters. :)  We hope to meet in person this summer! And I'm hoping she will be forgiving about my waddling, end of pregnancy, sucky cheerleader jumping up and down excitement ---the jumping will be sucky, not the excitement! :) When G brings me some sweet tea vodka and lemonade to drink after I give birth, I will be drinking with Shell in spirit!

I'm grateful to have this outlet to record my pregnancy thoughts and journal and to have encountered some amazing people.  I'd love them in my neighborhood too. ♥

Check her blog out and read funny, heartwarming, touching, so very true stories all the time.

~Tell Jen and Shell I sent ya because I love 'em!

Love and hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you sweet girl! And, after reading your list of random things...I'm even more convinced we are soul sisters. My second grade teacher wanted to skip me along, but my parents said no b/c they thought that my brother would be held back in fourth and we'd end up in the same grade.

    I do hope to meet you! And I promise not to notice your waddling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!! Two fantastic ladies!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete