Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lily's 1st Sickness

We made it 8 months, 2 weeks and 6 days before having to give Lily any antibiotics.

Sigh.

After the beginning of the week aka Poop Angel Monday, we headed to the pediatrician to address the cough and congestion that has taken over my poor baby.  Now, I will say, she's really only been miserable while trying to sleep during naptimes. By bedtime she's so exhausted that she crashes and her cough hasn't kept her up.  Just me.

She's a happy sick kid?  Overall, yes.  Smiling just like normal. Mostly she looks sick in her eyes.
Oh and look!
I weigh 17lbs. 10oz.

She loveloveloved the paper on the table while we waited for Dr. Kelly:

That was entertaining for sure! She sat and pulled at the paper, shook it, kicked it with her feet and ripped it up.  Simple entertainment. :)

Dr. Kelly came in and listened to her chest:
Luckily she doesn't have anything major going on in her lungs!!  Her nose and cough...all viral. BUT, that virus...led to the beginning of an ear infection. :(  We caught it super early, thankfully, so no fever or real misery yet.
Things could be much, much worse I know and I'm so grateful she made it through this crappy winter unscathed and she's a little bit older before she got sick.  She took her medicine like a champ too!

5 comments:

  1. Aww, poor sweet baby. :( She is so dang cute! Glad you caught the ear infection early too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how cute she is with all that ripped up paper when the dr was listening to her lungs! Glad you caught the ear infection early! My 5 yr old just got diagnosed with one on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she is feeling better! My almost 5 year old has never had an ear infection but my 2 year old had her first one a couple of weeks ago and MAN she was miserable. Glad you caught it early for her!

    She is too cute in that scale picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe she lasted that long without getting sick. My 2-month-old has been sick since day 1 thanks to my germy toddler.

    ReplyDelete