Monday, April 4, 2011

Random & Scattered

Prepare for randomness at its finest today.
~I won a couple things this weekend! Yes! Who doesn't like WINNING?! (Charlie Sheen)

First, on twitter, I won an unknown prize from Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka!  I don't drink often because my alarm clock Lily gets up early and well, that's enough of a deterrent for now. But, I do love some sweet tea vodka or Blue Moon when I do drink.  And I've been loving Firefly for a couple years (minus pregnant, of course), so when I won my prize, I was excited!  They've just released a Skinny Tea with 72 calories, so we'll see how yummy it is this summer. ;)
Secondly, I won a giveaway on one of my fav blogs http://www.iloveyoumorethancarrots.com/. Ashley has a sweet little Carter who is just a wee bit younger than Lily and I love her sense of humor. Last week she held a giveaway and  I won my choice of item from Kristen at Little Laws Prints Etsy Shop
Check out her blog and etsy shop! A-DORABLE stuff!! I'm really excited to see the item I chose and will share it when it's here! 

~Lily has a little cold. Runny nose. You know the snot bubble kind?  Watery eyes. Disrupted sleep.  Happy when she's up. Fussy when she's trying to sleep. Morning nap today was spent entirely NOT sleeping.  And she was wondering why she was sleepy come afternoon naptime.
 poor baby :(

~I made an awesome eggplant parmesean recipe tonight! It was a weight watchers recipe worth only 4 points a serving and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! George and Andrew liked it! I have never cooked eggplant before, so it was a gamble. :)  It tasted EXACTLY how I had hoped it would. YES!

Speaking of weight watchers....I gained 0.2 pounds back this past week. :(  Not a huge deal and certainly not discouraging. I just had a week of salt cravings and gave in...a lot.  So, I used some of my flex points where I hadn't the previous two weeks.  This week is off to a good start! :)

~Apparently the 16th of April is THE date for everything to be scheduled. We have a wedding, Scout banquet, an Easter egg hunt all scheduled.  One awesome thing that happens each year in Arizona is Pat's Run for Pat Tillman.  Pat went to Arizona State where I am an alum and the local alumni chapter is participating in a Shadow Run along with many other cities across the country. I think it's so awesome that people can participate even if they're not able to get back home to AZ!  Unfortunately, it is also scheduled at the same time as the Easter egg hunt on the 16th. So, this year, I'm not able to do it. But even walking it is an event, I'd love to participate in.  My 7 year old nephew does it in Arizona!  We have some other time conflicts that day and it's pretty much just annoying me. ugh.

~Andrew didn't have school today--teacher inservice--so we spent the day hanging out. We caught up on the Nick movie Best Player that we had recorded awhile ago.  Cute movie and fun to watch with him. He also told me I shouldn't describe it as "cute". So, I told him he's cute. :)  Was an enjoyable, relaxing day with my favorite boy. ♥

~Anddddd just as randomly I began, I end the same... 

I'm sleepy.

1 comment:

  1. Poor lil snotty Lil! My Ben is fighting a fever today.

    How awesome you won! I can't drink much anymore these days either... and I don't have a baby waking up early - but my two monkeys are up by 7.

    ReplyDelete