Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Transition to Boy Scout

"A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent."

Who doesn't want their child to grow up learning and believing and becoming that? :)

Andrew crossed over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts this past weekend.  He was new to Scouts this year--starting in September and it has been such a good experience for him. He loves it!  He earned his Arrow of Light and on Saturday officially became a Boy Scout. ♥

At the Blue & Gold Banquet, the boys got their earned badges and pins, performed skits, and had a feast and the Webelo 2s crossed over to become Boy Scouts.

He's looking forward to the camping trips and earning ranks. Scouts has been such a good thing for him! I only wish we had started earlier. :)  Last night after his first meeting as a new Boy Scout, we celebrated with Dairy Queen! Mama had a BOGO Blizzard coupon. haha

4 comments:

  1. I loved scouts! Tony started as a Tiger Cub and went all the way up to just shy of his Eagle. It broke my heart when he had to decide between scouts or baseball...and picked baseball. I can't wait until Brad is old enough for scouts. I still have all of Tony's books, badges, and camping stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He look so darn cute as a scout! I keep thinking maybe I should look into getting my kids started in scouting. Good job on the coupon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats andrew!!! love the picture of him and lily. she's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome we had our Blue and Gold ceremony in Feb. and Tyler who is a Wolf assisted with the flags ...I cried for boys I barely know =)

    ReplyDelete