Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Sounds of Spring

Andrew's Spring band concert was fun and filled with new and seasoned elementary band musicians--the 4th grade beginners, 5th grade intermediate, and 6th grade advanced. 

Lily is normally getting ready for bed when the concert began, so I wasn't sure how it was going to go, but she did great overall! She cried a little bit during the beginning band. I may or may not have bonked her head getting her out of her carseat though.  

I was so impressed with Andrew's group (5th graders) and how much they've improved just since their concert last Fall.  I love Andrew's band director and he's a supporter of Andrew too. The music was enjoyable and sitting in the crowded auditorium watching my son, I was so proud and just filled with happiness. He enjoys the sax and I'm so happy he'll continue again next year.  Band was such a big part of my life even through college and I'm happy to see him enjoy it as well.

Reagan is a "woo girl" at elementary band concerts. :) It's so sweet to watch her clap feverishly and "woooooooo" after each song. She's always so complimentary of Andrew after it's over and we meet up with him. 

Lily kept trying to grab the guy in front of us and a couple times she'd put her hands on his back. oops. I just said to him to sit back and enjoy his back rub.  He laughed.  She did great though considering it was bedtime!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't think I have been back since you had Lily. Such a cutie! You all look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful kids! Lily is growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that bottom picture - what a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete