Monday, April 30, 2012

Our Weekend~All Wrapped Up

Well, aside from the rain, it looks like the weather has decided to warm up FINALLY this coming week. After last week's 40s and 50s for the high, I was definitely wishing we lived in Arizona. Everytime I'd go to switch out Lily's clothes from winter to spring and summer, the temperature would plummet. So, her room is amass with all seasons waiting to be transitioned. 


If you missed my post yesterday.... I was wrong...there's still 15 hours {as of now}left to do this! http://littlepunkypie.blogspot.com/2012/04/super-deal-on-personalized-gifts.html

Friday night, we headed to the mall to pick up a couple things and decided we'd eat supper at the food court.  A nice treat! Lily and I had Chic-Fil-A, Andrew had Five Guys and George wanted Chinese. While we were sitting and eating, I noticed a man and a woman with a toddler and a teeny baby eating a little ways from us. The man made eye contact with me, then asked, "Did you go to Arizona State?" I was wearing an ASU sweatshirt {yes, a sweatshirt at the end of April}.   He and his wife also went to ASU an had been in Pittsburgh for about 3 years.  Turns out he went to a high school in the same district I had also. He graduated the same year as my youngest brother. George and I talked with them about the local ASU Alumni chapter and the send-off party in the summer too, so we hope we'll see them there!  Small world.



We decided before it got too crazy to let Lily play in the play area before we headed home. She's just a joyful little person. Happy to run and just laughs while she does it.  This was the first time she went down the slides on her own too. She made herself go down backwards on her belly and said, "Weeeeee!"


Saturday, we headed to celebrate my friend, Tracy's, daughter's 1st birthday party! She did an amazing job on all her crafts and decor!  Charlie was born on Easter Sunday last year and is exactly 9 months younger than Lily. I love that they share the 24th & I never forget how old Charlie is too. :) 

Good food, good friends, loud kids. :)  I feel very lucky to have found Tracy, Stef and Amy through twitter and blogging and enjoy all our time together! We missed a couple others from our moms group, but that is life ~ we all have so much going on, it's nice when it works out for even some of us to get together.
Happy 1st Birthday, Charlie!

Lily was already chasing boys. :)








Sunday was an uneventful day hanging around the house doing a whole lotta nothing but homework, a few odds and ends housework/projects and lots of playing. 

Was a perfect relaxing family weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the compliments on the decor! We had a great time. Cant wait to do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great party, Trac! Thank you for including us!

      Delete
  2. Very, very lucky! :-) Great pictures! It was a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures you took. The ones of the Lilys kissing is too cute! I love your family picture, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Lilys kissing too!!

      thank you!

      Delete