Sunday, March 14, 2010

18 weeks~ My baby, the bell pepper




How far along are you?
18 weeks, 1 day ~~

*According to Babycenter:
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place.

What symptoms are you experiencing?
~round ligament pain when I get up too quickly
~still tired all the time
~insomnia
~gassy --blech!
~amorous hee hee

How are you feeling?
~Overall I feel pretty good, just the insomnia is killing me!! I can't fall asleep and then when I finally do, I'm up peeing a billion times and/or just waking up and looking at the clock. I am finally not so moody this week and back to myself though, so that's a plus! :)

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go?
~Nothing until next week

Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)?
~I have a new baby cousin born yesterday!
~Packing to move

Any fears or hopes you want to get off your chest?
~I still have that miscarriage fear --more cautiousness than anything. I guess it never goes away. :(

Any belly pics or ultrasound photos from this week?




























Any food cravings?

~water
~steak
~oranges

Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week.
~Feeling more baby movement!

What has been the most surprising thing about this pregnancy?
~The amount of physical uncomfortableness that I am experiencing versus my 1st pregnancy ...round ligament pain, sore legs and feet. I'm old. haha

Random Question of the Week:
Have you found out the sex of the baby yet? If yes, what are you having and what was your first reaction, (happy, over the moon, shocked, disappointed etc)? If no, do you plan to find out the sex and do you have a preference?
~We found out we're having a girl about 6 weeks ago with our CVS results and we are both thrilled! We honestly didn't have a feeling either way --boy or girl-- so our only "insight" was a dream I had around 8 weeks, that it was a girl. :)  I think part of G was hoping for a boy and part of me was hoping for a boy for him, as he's an only child. But, after everything we had been through with our miscarriage and our genetic testing, we TRULY didn't care either way and were so excited to find out she was healthy. Her health we learned first, THEN we learned she was a girl.  (I also dreamed what we named her in that dream and we both love it.)

7 comments:

  1. Steph, Congratulations on your baby girl! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kim! We're VERY excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your little girl... have fun making life pink and frilly... thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep the ligament pain only gets worse every pregnancy...you would think they would be all streched out or something...guess not...glad all you tests came back for a healthy baby...i am ubber jealous that you are having a baby girl..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahah Kelly! Well, for now you get to be the only girl. haha

    Your boys are gorgeous!

    Thanks for the well wishes and the knowledge about the round ligament pain UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. Congratulations on your new little one. Here are thoughts and prayers for a healthy pregnancy and a safe arrival.:)

    ReplyDelete