Sunday, March 21, 2010

19 Weeks!

How far along are you?
~19 weeks, 1 day! ( I decided to celebrate my pregnancy and birthday together. :) )


According to Babycenter:

"Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.


Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid."

I wonder who decided to compare babies to fruits and vegetables?


What symptoms are you experiencing?
~fatigue
~uncomfortable
~peeing all the time
~insomnia
~sciatic nerve pain

How are you feeling?
~I'm still tired all the time!
~I'm having a harder time bending over to get things which is uncomfortable
~frisky -reow!

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go?
~None this past week...but ultrasound and doctor appointment Monday!

Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)?
~Turning 37 soon
~Getting ready to move
~wedding planning

Any fears or hopes you want to get off your chest?
~I was talking with a friend today about how here I am 19 weeks --almost halfway through my pregnancy--and everyday I still worry about miscarriage. I guess it's not something that ever goes away. It' isn't overwhelming or causes me a lot of stress, as I have learned to manage that, but it is a worry that seemingly never goes away. I certainly didn't anticipate that during this pregnancy at all...



Any belly pics or ultrasound photos from this week?


Any food cravings?
~zucchini
~fish
~apples
~milk
~Special K with Red Berries


Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week.
~Feeling her move more and announcing her name to our friends and family!

What has been the most surprising thing about this pregnancy?
~It has surprised me how quickly we've gotten to 19 weeks and also how sore I am at the end of everyday. There is a HUGE difference being pregnant in your 20s versus 30s!

Random Question of the Week:
What have you done so far to prepare, mentally or physically for baby (purchases, plans, redecorating etc)?Mentally, to some degree, I think we've been prepared for this baby since our miscarriage last summer...We have desired her, loved her and anticipate her arrival everyday. Physically, we have just begun to work on her room! We have made a few purchases and have found what we want as far as almost everything! We're still searching for the right stroller because Daddy and I are both tall, so we need one that we won't have to hunch over to push. :)

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and 19 weeks!! YOu look sooo good and have the cutest little baby bump! Have you thought about any little girl's names? I heard some cute ones on other blogs lately Hadley and Piper....I thought they were super cute!

    Hope you have had a fab weekend!!

    xoxo
    SUmmer ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You know, we read in a book today that at 20 weeks, they're 1 pound. This must be a busy week, if they go from 8 1/2 ounces to 1 pound in a week...or something needs to be re-checked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! almost half way.

    We have the same stroller issue...i gave my old stroller to my mom because it killed my back to push it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo happy Birthday and happy 1/2 way there!!!

    I love the name you choose by the way!

    I can't believe you are craving such "good" stuff...seriously fish and zucchini! I was more along the lines of onion rings, ice cream, and cereal too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Every week gets you one step closer to meeting your precious little one!! Loved reading your pregnancy update. I totally here you about the difference between pregnancies in your 20's and 30's. Seriously, my last pregnancy at 35 aged me by about 10 years. ha ha...but not so funny! Thanks for your sweet comment about my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pregnancy is one of the best experiences ever. Enjoy every bit of it, and try not to worry about things. Don't stress....just love that little live inside you :)

    ReplyDelete