Monday, March 22, 2010

1st Big Photoshoot!

We just left our ultrasound...the "big one" and are so thankful that Lily is measuring right on and all of her body parts are present and accounted for.  She is growing as she should be!! I cannot express how relieved I really am!  YAY!!!

It's part of that fear of miscarriage/losing her/something being wrong that has plagued me since miscarrying last summer. I cried again as soon as I saw her heart beating --such a beautiful sight to see!! ♥

G and I sat and watched the monitor and about 2 minutes in, he said, "Is everything ok so far?"...seemingly reading my mind.  The ultrasound tech said, "I have to look at everything and if there is something wrong, I will let you know at the end."  Which increases a little anxiety in me, of course.

We watched as the ultrasound tech measured everything --legs, feet, brain, stomach, eyes, lips, arms, hands, heart, spine, etc.
Lily stretched her legs out, moved her arms a lot and did this funny little motion with her head...lifting up her chin over and over really fast as if to say "What's up?"  It was really cute and funny. We were cracking up that we were clearly able to see her toes and she has G's feet...they are SOOOOOO long!

We are so happy everything is good with her and will continue to pray for the same! 

After our CVS, we found out that I have something called "placental mosaicism"...which is basically the placenta having an extra chromosome. Not the baby, but the placenta.

I had 2 cells come back with an extra 16 chromosome. Because it was only 2 and not all of the cells, or the majority of the cells, is why it's determined to be in the placenta, but not the baby. Our CVS results were still considered "normal."
The concern with the mosaicism, is that the baby wouldn't be growing as she's supposed to. In order to monitor that, we will have "growth scan" ultrasounds every 4 weeks from now on. The benefit, obviously, is to see her all the time!

This ultrasound, today, which showed the baby continuing to grow on schedule, put us more at ease!  We just had the back-of-our-mind concerns prior to today... In our previous ultrasounds, we knew she was measuring ok, so we just prayed for that continuance!

We seriously just cannot say how excited we are!

Lily seemed to enjoy her 1st big photoshoot today too!

We got some great pictures and a DVD of the entire ultrasound!






8 comments:

  1. Lily is just precious! I just love 3D/4D ultrasounds! They rock! I am sooo glad your appointment went well! I will pray that she continues to grow on schedule! Girl I can relate to the nervous feeling, I was the same way after multiple miscarriages and then getting pregnant with Kelcee I was scared all the way through! Where I was high risk the benefit was the dr. liked us so much we had like ultrasounds every week from like week 20 YAY!! Sooo they really need to train the ultrasound techs to be like the baby is fine when they know it is instead of saying let me check them all out first! Hello that just freaks us out more LOL....

    Thanks for sharing the pics....I am supe excited for ya
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! We had an equally positive ultrasound yesterday.

    Interesting about the genetic mosiacism. Our genetic counselor told us about that possibility, and we were very impressed by the body's ability to protect the baby by deleting that extra chromosome. Another something for you to be proud of, and yay for the extra scans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Summer! Yeah, I'd say pregnancy isn't as enjoyable when you have all those fears, but I'm trying my best to remain stress-free! And then you end up with a Kelcee and it makes it all worth it.��

    Ooh! Yay Jonny! I'm glad to hear everything is great with the babies and the wife! :)
    Yeah, the mosaicism is a weird anomaly...and after everything we have been through, I'm glad they're monitoring us more frequently! I've read a lot about it and it's a pretty interesting thing that no one quite understands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your visit was a good one! She looks adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I was so excited to see this post. So glad everything looks great. She's so cute! wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, so glad she is okay! Sending prayers that all your scans will come back normal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved getting ultra sound pictures, the only part I really loved about the doctor visits! So happy to hear Miss Lily is measuring up and everything looked good!
    Medical science is pretty crazy nowadays with all the things they can find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a relief that is! I cried at my ultrasounds too...I just blamed it on the hormones, but really I think I am just turning into an emotional mess like my mother.

    ReplyDelete