Friday, March 19, 2010

What's in a Name?

Well, we have decided on a name for our daughter!!! Yippee!!

When I was about 8 weeks pregnant, I had a dream one night that we were having a girl. It wasn't too strange other than she completely flipped around in the womb and you could visually see her turn --like complete outline of her body--which freaked me out a little bit. It's hard to describe really, but strange in my dream. So in this dream she already had a name.

When I woke up, I told G and he said, "I really like that!"  That was pretty much the extent of our conversation until after our genetic testing when we knew she was a girl. I asked him about it again, kept looking at other names but couldn't really find anything else that I loved or that seemed like it was supposed to be hers. So, first name set for sure. We had to move on to the middle name. G was looking for a European middle name --particularly Slovakian. He found a couple he kinda liked, a couple he liked but knew I'd hate and then we both found one...the same one. Meant to be.

First name, check. Middle name, check.

Moving onto last name.  Of course she'll have G's last name, as my name will also be his soon too. There was one more thing I wanted to happen though... I wanted this baby to have a connection to my family in name and primarily to A since they won't have the same last name. So, through my pregnancy emotional hormonal tears, I explained all of this to G and that I wanted my maiden name to be on her birth certificate too. He knows me, loves me and of course wants that for A and for me too. So, at last await....



That's the story of how she got her name...
We love it and her so much already!


7 comments:

  1. Totally loving the first name! And the middle name is unique yet not uncommon. Good combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! We sure love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it...allour kids names have special meaning or are named after someone...that is very important to me...hopefully i will get to use my girl name next time around...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kelly! I know what you mean...the names need to have a connection. :) You crack me up about the girl--love it! Do you think you'd stick with another A name? :)

    ReplyDelete