Monday, March 15, 2010

Mom 'n Me Monday

BWS tips button

I've been reading a lot of pregnancy and mom blogs lately, thinking about my pregnancy, my miscarriage and my pregnancy 10 years ago a lot. The significant moments during each of those...

I came across one blog in particular that started a Monday bloghop about pictures of moms with their kids. Her post was very short and and the best kind of simple ~it was so moving that it brought me to tears...
*Click on the "Mom 'n Me Monday" button to link up and to see her blog*

It made me think about the moment I found out A was a boy during my pregnancy 10 years ago. I knew with everything in me that he was a boy from just about the beginning on. I was so happy to be having a son! I was even more in love with him from that moment on...

His dad and I divorced when he was 2 1/2 and until 3 years ago, it was just the two of us. We went through a lot together, just the two of us, and we have always been very close.

As I was thinking about his life from the moment I found out he was a boy on and how excited he is to now have a baby sister, I started mentally flipping through my photographs of he and I...

In anticipation of his sister's arrival, he asks a lot of questions about when he was a baby. :) He is really excited --he's already given his baby sister a nickname, he hugs my belly each morning and tells her "good morning", was so sweet when he said a few weeks ago "I think this one's gonna stick, Mom" (referring to our miscarriage last summer) and is just genuinely a caring big brother. I love him more than he will ever know and I decided to pick a couple pictures from further past moments that I loved for the "Mom 'n Me Monday".

In October 2004, after A and I had moved back to AZ from Tennessee the previous year, we headed to Nashville to attend one of my best friend's wedding. She was and is such an important part of both of our lives and has been since A was 11 weeks old.
At her reception, my almost 5 year old son asked me to dance with him... He wasn't quite sure what to do, but he had melted my heart with it... This was a picture taken during the 1st time my son asked me to dance...
















In December 2005, I had completed my Bachelor's of Arts in Education at Arizona State University. This was the culmination of beginning college in 1990, a single 17 year old kid who left school a couple years later for a billion reasons, but it was to be my life's path. After my divorce, I returned a 30 year old single mother, determined to live a happy and hopeful life for myself and my son. A and I both went through my return to college and when graduation came, I couldn't have been more honored to have shared it with my son!















I actually am really good about taking pictures and also including myself in them...that started after my dad died when I was 22, so my family just knows, the camera goes everywhere and everyday life is captured in photos...

I am looking forward to many more pictures together with my son and many pictures with my daughter...for now, her pictures with me are just of my belly. :)

7 comments:

  1. O.K..now you have me teary...and I am most definitely NOT pregnant!! The dancing picture is priceless.

    Loved when he said.."I think this one's gonna stick, Mom". Talk about melt your heart.

    I love your perspective. Thanks for joining in on the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your pictures!

    I am always amazed at the depths a child can reach. I mean, it just floors me how they come up with such profound things. You have a very sweet boy on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in tears now! Your son is sooo precious!

    xoxo
    Summer ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an amazing story you just told. I feel the same as you about having a camera with me. My mom passed away when I was 5 I've learned to capture every moment!

    Love the picture of you and your son dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one great post. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was there for both of those pictures! Now I know why you needed the date ;) And knowing you that HAS to be pregnancy brain for you to forget a date or even second-guess one! This is a beautiful entry Steph. I can't believe that my little baby boy is going to be a big brother himself. Miss you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad we have "met" through blogland too! Your sweet, sweet comment had me in tears! Thank you soooo much for it! It really means alot to me! Since I have been sick I made a promise to God, my family and myself that I was going to live my life to the fullest, I was blessed with our miracle daughter and I am going to leave the worrying and healing up to God! Sometimes it is hard not to focus on being sick but for the most part I don't focus on it at all!

    xoxo
    Summer

    ReplyDelete