Friday, March 26, 2010

Lily Kicks it Up

After a couple day hiatus while moving...we have internet again! Yay! 

It's interesting how living across the country from family and friends, how reliant we are on internet and email. I missed it and staying connected.

We most definitely are not settled in, but we're sleeping in the new house which has been wonderful! Other than the moments of wondering where this or that is...and I'm not quite certain which is worse, the actual packing or the inability to find anything after it's packed.

This is the only picture I have taken so far...
















I'm anxious to get settled.

There is an advantage to moving while pregnant...the not carrying anything part. :)  Unfortunately, I'm still tired all the time, so I have a limited window of packing/unpacking time. I am so very blessed to have a fiance who is the hardest worker I have ever known and who simply takes care of us.

Last night we decided to just take a break and watch some tv and relax. We watched Police Women of Maricopa County, which was fun for me to see all the scenery shots of AZ...my home! G asked me a lot of questions like, "Is it always sunny like that there?"  Oh yes, my love, oh yes.  Now, you'll understand why the gray, cloudy days here affect my mood.

I was suffering from heartburn a lot yesterday which is NOT something I am used to. When pregnant with A, I NEVER had it one time. I didn't have any in our angel baby's pregnancy either. Ugh! It has only been occassionally with this pregnancy, but when it happens, it pretty much sucks. 

So, I just tried to lay down and relax. I drank some milk which helped a bit. All of a sudden, Lily decided to get active and I put my hand on my stomach...she's up really high-- and I screamed to G, "Oh! I think you can feel her finally! I felt her on the outside!"  He was able to catch a momentary kick!

I'm looking forward to many more kicks and movements!

Happy Friday! Looking forward to the weekend and getting that kitchen in order tonight!  I'm secretly anxious for the crib to be put together....it's in the room in pieces and I just can't wait to see it together!

Question:
Why do I still have these things and why have I moved them across the country and moved them again?
















I need to get that film developed and see what's on it....do they still develop film? hahahaha

4 comments:

  1. Yay he was able to feel Lily movin and a grovin! That is so awesome and exciting! The not lifting part of pregnancy is a BIG PERK!I always took full advantage of it LOL....Oh and I loved when random people would be like let me help you with that or hold the door for ya....the only thing that weirded me out was when random strangers would touch the baby bump....LOL

    Oh girl I still have a disc and film....I have no idea if they even develop it anymore???? LOL

    Have a great weekend
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned yesterday that "quickening" is the technical term for baby kicks, and now I'm eager to use it as much as possible.

    Get the film developed sooner rather than later, 'cause it degrades over time. I did that a couple of years ago with some old film, and the effect was...artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartburn is a sign of hair!! Lots of hair. You've seen my kids! haha I LOVE the house. It's so bright and airy. And I LOVE the kitchen. I can't wait to see you put your touches on it!!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you guys are in your new home...I hate unpacking. I don't mind the packing but the unpacking seems to take forever!
    How exciting about the kicks...my favorite part of bring preggos!

    I suffered from heartburn really bad with my daughter...Gaviscon was the only thing that worked!

    ReplyDelete