Sunday, March 6, 2011

Couponing & Land's End Tote

Last Monday, I talked about my love of coupons here, so I thought I'd write about my Rite-Aid purchase to show how I got all of the above picture for a grand total of $3.93!

REGULAR PRICE:
Johnson & Johnson Cotton Swabs reg price:  $3.49
Desitin regular price: $4.99
Crest regular price: $3.79
Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs regular price: $4.99
Luden's regular price: $1.99
Johnson's baby lotion regular price: $4.49
For a grand total of:
$42.00

Here's how I got it for under $4.00:
~As I said in my previous post, I got rainchecks for the baby items which made their price 99 cents each.
~I had four $1.00 manufacturer coupons for the Desitins and one baby lotion for a total of $5.00 off the $6.00 I was spending. 
~The Crest toothpaste was on sale for 2/$5.00 with a $1.00 total Wellness Reward (shopper card).
~Reese's eggs were on sale for $2.99 with a $1.00 Wellness Reward.
~I used the previous $4.00 in Wellness Rewards I already had. ($2.00 each) towards my purchase making the total price:  $3.93.

I did a separate transaction for the Luden's Throat Drops because they were on sale for $1.00 and since I would be getting back $2.00 in Wellness Rewards from my above purchase, I could use that to get it for free and still have $1.00 left in Wellness Rewards to use on a future purchase.

And as much as it drives my husband crazy to hear me rave about my coupons and couponing, he can't complain about over $36.00 in savings on stuff we use!

I also was able to get in on an awesome deal late last night with Land's End
I got the large bag of the above picture (small, med, large, xlarge shown) for TWENTY DOLLARS! Regular price is $43.50.  Ahem, I said TWENTY DOLLARS! Shipped!  I opted to add monogramming for $5.00, so my grand total for the Large Zip Top Bag with monogramming was $26.50.

I got one of these bags as a gift when I graduated college from my former in-laws and it is my favorite bag! The zip top is the key! It's durable, HUGE and holds everything safely.
I've used it for teaching/school, as my carry on when flying, an overnight bag when traveling, for the beach and many many more occasions.  I love it! And I certainly couldn't pass up getting one for Lily to have for a long, long time. :)  The only catch is, it's on backorder and won't ship until June. Worth it.

Disclaimer:  The opinions above are my own. I was not compensated in any way for my review of the Land's End Totes or any of the above products.

5 comments:

  1. O my gosh I love couponing... was the desitin coup online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Steph! I love coupons too!!

    I love those bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That's awesome. I have one of those totes, too, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not good about using coupons


    I should be....maybe I will try to get started on them again

    I love those bags too

    that is all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! I love coupons too. I haven't done much of it lately, but oh how I love to save!

    ReplyDelete