Monday, March 21, 2011

Miscellany Monday

~Today is my 38th birthday!
What?! How did I get to be that old?
When my mom was 38, I was 18.
I am 38 with an (almost) 8 month old. ♥

~Weight Watchers
I am working on losing this leftover baby weight and the pre-baby weight that needed to hit the road!
I'm one week in today: 
4 pounds less to begin 38. :)
I'd say that's a successful beginning!
Honestly, it's been very easy and I've enjoyed cooking and researching food more.

~Cutie Baby Clothes
Last week I met a new friend from twitter in person and we hit up a local consignment sale.
Despite the line that equaled one at Disneyland and yet no ride at the end of it,
I was thrilled with my score!
I ended up with 11 dresses/outfits for Spring and Summer for Lily
and one pair of "crocs" to just keep on her feet outside for
$33.00!
(can you tell i love flowers ha)

~Twitter
What I love about it:  connection.
I stay up on news in my hometown easily.
I talk to local people I may not have otherwise "met".
I find support for relevant elements of my life.
When I was up in the middle of the night nursing a baby, I had connection to other nursing moms.
Post-partum wasn't so isolating as it felt wayyyyy back in 1999. :)
Can you imagine was 9/11 would have been like if Twitter was around? Wow.
http://twitter.com/StephanieG143

~Ugly Stuff
I have some ugly stuff that I need to write about.
This is MY place. MY journal.
I resolved the public/privacy issue for myself previously by simply writing very little of my stepdaughter.
I don't want to have to temper my writing so I just don't write about her.
I do, however, need to get out some stuff.
MY own feelings.

~Cancer
I learned last week that a teacher I used to work with, her 5 year old son just diagnosed with cancer.
She was pregnant with him when we worked together. She is an amazingly strong woman of faith and simply just a strong woman.  I admire her so very much and pray for that young boy, his two younger sisters and his parents whose lives were just turned upside down.

Today is a great day!
I am surrounded by family who loves me, my facebook page is filled with wishes from people in every facet of my life, my phone is ringing with birthday singing.
I don't ever wish for lots of "things" for my birthday.
I have a husband and children who love me.

It's funny really when you think about how facebook brings people in your life to one place...
I said to George today,
"My life can be separated into people wishing me happy birthday who I had cupcakes with or cocktails with."

I'm grateful for all of them. ♥
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! And congratulations on your success with Weight Watchers, too! I am also on the program, about 6 weeks or so in and it's been slow but pretty steady. I love the program though and am really pleased with the idea that I can still eat what I want, just in moderation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Steph!! I don't know how I missed this yesterday! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and sounds like 38 is starting off great! Which consignment sale did you go to? I really should try to make it to a couple to get some summer stuff for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!

    Love your outlook



    that is all

    ReplyDelete