Thursday, March 10, 2011

Do You See What I See?

God, I love those baby blues!
Andrew has been squinting a lot lately, so we made an appointment to get his eyes checked out.
See?
Squints.
Since The Sandlot is one of his favorite movies, that's what I've been calling him. :)
We headed off to the doctor and my sweet, old soul son was filled with a billion questions.
"Mom, the sign says 'eye surgery'. Are they going to do surgery on my eyes? I'd rather squint. What kinds of things will they do to check my eyes? I'm sure I need glasses, how long will it be until I get them? Why can't I get them today?"

And this is how I often find my son...nose stuck in a book.
(I interrupted his reading.)
Yep. He does, in fact, need glasses. :)
He's nearsighted which we expected.

Picking out frames was interesting. He didn't care.
Well, he cared...a little.
I gave him a couple different ones to try and he wasn't as concerned about how they looked as whether they felt comfortable.
I love this kid!
And these are the ones he chose.
I think he looks great and he loves them because "they're comfortable, Mom."
2 weeks, Andrew, 2 weeks.

3 comments:

  1. The kid looks great in glasses. And I've said it before - anyone who hasn't seen Sandlot needs to be whipped. With a salami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those glasses look great! He seems like a fantastic kid. Great job, Mom! Oh, and I loved the Sandlot!

    ReplyDelete