Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lily's New Ride

You know how much I love couponing and saving money. duh who doesn't like saving money

It was time to head off to the grocery store because, well I couldn't exactly feed my family on a single frozen chicken breast, mushrooms and a a myriad of random nothing in my fridge.  Lily and I headed off to restock.

I decided this would be her first time in the buggy sans car seat. :)

She was in heaven! She smiled, looked around, played with her purse, tried to eat my coupons, made nice with all the people who stopped to tell her how beautiful she is (we shop midday and there are nothing but elderly people there who adore her--it's sweet), and "talked".   We were on borrowed time trying to supershop before it was her naptime! :)  She hung in there like a champ...only fussed near the end.  I thank my lucky stars I have a baby who cries minimally and it's very easy to tell why. ♥

As we headed toward the checkout, she needed to check herself in the mirror of her purse. :)


She didn't bother with the groceries until they were bagged and back in the buggy...then she wanted to turn around to eat the bags.  And well, you know what they say about babies and plastic bags. haha

Lily enjoyed her new way of grocery shopping and Mama realized she'll have to figure out a new place to put coupons. :)  We made it home 30 minutes after her normal naptime and she went right to sleep for 2 1/2 hours.  That's a win in my book!

Oh! Plus I got $224.36 worth of groceries for $134.76.  And for that, I am happy. :)

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a major win on ALL accounts! She's seriously SUCH a big girl now! I LOVED being able to have C ride in the buggy like a big boy- his Chicco carseat never fit in that front part, so I used to have try and grocery shop AROUND him in the large part of the cart! NEVER EASY! And her looking at herself in the mirror of her purse.. stop that.. it's TOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute an sweet

    I wish I could coupon like you do!

    that is all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how beautiful Lily is!! Just like her momma oh and I love how her daisy in her hair matches your blog bahahhaha you and I would get along GREAT!! Kelcee has that same buggy cover and we still use it with me and no immune system and all an girl those things are DURABLE love it!! I am sooooo glad she had such a fun time sans baby carrier and in big girl seat how fun! Yay that you saved so massive on couponing you go girl!! LOL at everyone stopping to talk we get that too and I talk way tooooooo much and Greg is always looking at me like hey Sums ya wanna leave the grocery store tonight or tommorrow LOL....

    xoxo
    Sums

    ReplyDelete