Monday, March 14, 2011

Daylight Savings

This is what daylight savings time looks like at the end of the day.

Quite honestly, we actually had a pretty good day given losing an hour. Much better than I had expected, really!  Daddy and Andrew were still on their camping trip, so Lily and I had the day to get her adjusted.

As a girl who spent most of her life in Arizona, the time change thing isn't something I'm used to since we just didn't do it.  I like the no change. 

Lily woke up right around 8:30am which was spot on for the hour jump. Basically, I just followed her typical schedule without paying much attention to the clock, so that she'd be up for the normal awake periods of time throughout the day.

At 10am, she went for a morning nap and slept until noon. She went down for her afternoon nap around 2:30pm and slept until 5pm.  She had her bottles like normal after waking up in the morning and after naps.  The only thing I did differently was I didn't allow for her evening catnap...hence the above picture.

I've written previously that Lily doesn't make it much more than 2 hours awake time before she becomes crankypants and needs to get back to sleep. So, around 7pm, she ate supper and around 7:45pm had her last bottle for the day and was in bed at 8pm. That 3rd hour awake from 7pm-8pm was pretty fussy. :( 

I was prepared for some possible wake times throughout the night, but NOPE!
She actually slept until 8:15am Monday morning!
It was a daylight savings time miracle! haha

I remember when we lived in Nashville when Andrew was a baby, it was such a rough transition with the time changes.  Here's to hoping that Lily's transitions remain this smooth each time!

Flexibility and go with the flow. ♥

Lucky mama.

1 comment:

  1. wow she did good!

    My daughter was crackin off 8-8 sleeping at an early age, but my son woke me up WAY TOO MUCH until I found out he had obstructive sleep apnea. Got his tonsils and adenoids out and he was SO MUCH BETTER

    sorry for all the caps, I really wasn't yelling at you.


    that is all

    ReplyDelete