Wednesday, January 4, 2012

House of Barf

Today's blogging catch-up hiatus is brought to you by the current House of Barf that we call home.

There are 5 members of my family.

Here's today's status:  barf.  barf.  queasy.  diarrhea.  migraine.

Everyone's covered.

I had the barfyness on Sunday/Monday, but it didn't stick with me long.  *whew*

However, the vision impairing migraine I woke up with does NOT make for taking care of the rest of my family easy.   Daddy's pukey, Andrew's pukey, Reag's queasy and has an ear infection and Lily's got the runs and is cutting teeth.  Life in my house is AWESOME.

It's also 16 degrees outside with a windchill of like 10 or something ridiculous.  It was 2, so that's something.  And there's snow.

Everyone's sleeping a lot and staying in their respective 'corners'. 





Lots of  Lysol and handwashing, lots of laundry, lots of Gatorade-ish consumption.

Hopefully it moves through as quickly as it came in.

*for the record, crazycakes, your kid gets sick because she has a shit immune system from her early years, but if it makes you feel like you're actually a "mom" to blame us for her being sick with a cold for the last month, then so be it.  Your cigarette smoking while pregnant with her and her whole life has NEVER helped. You might try feeding her some fruit and some vegetables too.  You feel free to call my home a "shit hole".  I'll feel free to continue raising your daughter to grow up to be a good woman. 

6 comments:

  1. yucky :(


    Hope it goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't Mamas get sick days? I'm so sorry ... hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was almost afraid to read this. That's my BIGGEST fear, for real. I hope the sickies vanish quick so we can do lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no!!!! hope you guys feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it passes soon. Your poor family! It doesn't help that it's FREEZING out there!

    ReplyDelete